Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

*~ Cupcakes & Muffins ~*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Grandmother Paul's Red Velvet Cupcakes
W/ Johnnie's Cream Cheese Frosting

1 - teaspoon vanilla
1 - cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 - cup cake flour (sifted)
1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
2 ounces - red food coloring
2 - tablespoons cocoa
2 - cups sugar
2 - eggs
1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
1 - tablespoon vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs; add sugar. Mix cocoa and food coloring. Add butter and egg mixture; mix well. Sift together flour and salt. (sifting is a must here) Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Blend in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine soda and vinegar and add to mixture. Finish mixing and divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for done ness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.

Cousin Johnnies Cream Cheese Frosting:

2 - 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened (I used Philly)
2 - sticks butter, softened
1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
4 - cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
Chopped pecans or red sprinkles for garnish

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy. Cook’s Note: Frost the cupcakes with a butter knife or pipe it on with a big star tip. Garnish with chopped pecans.
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Jan. 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

Why not put all the ingredients of strawberry shortcake into a muffin? These rich, delicate muffins don't need another thing - they are perfect as is.

Ingredients

• 2 C. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 C. sugar
  • 1/2 C. butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 C. heavy cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 C. diced strawberries, well drained

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and sugar. Cut in butter as for pastry until it is in small pea-size pieces. In small bowl mix egg, vanilla and cream then add all at once to flour mixture. Stir with spoon until blended. Gently mix in strawberries. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar to serve. 

Click here to find out more!
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:32 AM

rocamom
Posted by 
 on Mar. 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM 
Group Mod Amy

I can NOT wait to make these!!!!!!

Donut Muffins

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Dianne
Photo By: CC
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Servings: 24

"Little nutmeg-scented mini muffins are rolled in cinnamon sugar to make a treat that tastes like a donut and is fast to whip up. You can substitute butter for margarine."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:33 AM
sounds soooo good... wanna make em all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Apple banana cupcakes (muffins?) in the oven

acaisha
Posted by 
 on Apr. 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM 
Group Mod - Mel

Apple Banana Cupcakes

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Barbara
Photo By: Tricia Jaeger
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 24

"This is a cupcake that smells as good as it tastes. It's an old Polish recipe from some of the best bakers in Milwaukee!"
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
2 apples - peeled, cored and shredded

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and shredded apples. Fill each muffin cup half full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.

... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and
thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an
interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it?
In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me
in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky
and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and
smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.
Douglas Adams

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:27 AM

simplychicmom
Posted by 
 on Apr. 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM 

Strawberry Lemon Muffins

I don't really follow recipes. I mean I do but I ALWAYS change something. Normally it is because I do not have the correct ingredients or the right utensils. Here is a perfect example:

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com
Here is what I altered:
1) I used frozen strawberries instead of fresh (that's all I had)
2) I used walnut oil instead of vegetable oil (for taste and health factor)
3) I used packaged lemon juice instead of a fresh lemon (that's all I had)
4) I made mini muffins instead of regular-sized (I don't own a normal-sized pan)
*you cook mini muffins at 400 degrees instead of 350 for a few less minutes

Any secret alternatives to your recipes?
pricesunbury
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Pink Velvet Cupcakes
    * 24 Servings
    * Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling

Ingredients

* 1 cup butter, softened
    * 1-1/4 cups sugar
    * 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
    * 3 eggs
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1 cup buttermilk

WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
    * 2 cups white baking chips
    * 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    * 1 tablespoon butter
    * Pink coarse sugar and edible glitter

Directions

* In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk beating well after each addition.
    * Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
    * Meanwhile, place white chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
    * Beat on high for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #30 star tip. Fill bag with frosting; frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and edible glitter. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM

We love nutella!!

BabbleNutellaMuffin Nutella Breakfast Muffins

God bless taxes.  After all, if cocoa beans hadn’t have been taxed sixty some-odd years ago in Italy, we may never have the creamy concoction of bliss known as Nutella. Anything that mashes chocolate and hazelnuts together is immediately worth my time, but call that something I can eat for breakfast, and I’ve pretty much transcended rational thought.  Of course, Nutella by itself is okay, but when you cook a dollop of it into the center of soft little breakfast muffins, you might find yourself never wanting to wear anything but slippers and pajamas while making last-minute Turbo Tax adjustments.  Yep, this recipe is that powerful.

BabbleNutellaMuffin2 150x150 Nutella Breakfast Muffins

Nutella Breakfast Muffins

• 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Nut & Butter flavoring (optional)
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt with 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar

BabbleNutellaMuffin3 150x150 Nutella Breakfast Muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat together the egg, oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, soda, and vanilla flavorings until smooth.  Beat in the buttermilk, then spoon a small amount of the batter into the bottom of a muffin tin lined with a cupcake wrapper.  Spoon a tablespoon or so of Nutella into the center of the cup, then cover with a second spoonful of batter. Sprinkle a small amount of the salt & sparkling sugar mixture on top of each muffin.

Bake in preheated oven for 17-19 minutes, or just until the center of the muffins spring back when touched lightly with your finger.  Remove and cool.  Drizzle warm Nutella on top of each muffin, if desired, before serving.  Enjoy!

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Babblee Hazelnut 1 300x234 Nutella Stuffed Cupcakes with Sea Salted Buttercream

Nutella is the muse of many a recipe out there, but this is the best one you’ll ever try.  What? Doubting my qualifications to make such a claim?  Surely I am the Nutella baking guru, having baked it into everything fromNutella Cheesecake Brownies to turning it into a Nutella Bundt Cake, I’ve definitely been around the Nutella block.  Oh, but let’s just be honest here.  Nice as it is to bake Nutella into treats, it’s at it’s ultimate perfection when eating straight from a spoon.  No heating, no fussy mess, just that creamy hazelnut spread and you.

Which is why this recipe is the ultimate Nutella recipe.  Because you get to bake a bit of Nutella flavor into the cupcake batter, but then the magic really happens when you plop a dollop of straight-up Nutella right into the center of each already-baked cupcake.  Yeah, that just happened.

Babblee Hazelnut 2 258x300 Nutella Stuffed Cupcakes with Sea Salted Buttercream

Nutella Stuffed Cupcakes with Sea  Salted Buttercream

• 2/3 cup oil
  • 1 1/4 cup nutella
  • 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup milk + 3 tablespoons
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • Sea Salt
  • 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts

In a stand mixer, beat together the oil, 1/4 cup of nutella, brown sugar, eggs and 1 cup of milk.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda.  Beat just until combined. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with baking cups.  Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or just until the top of cupcakes spring back when touched lightly with your finger.   Be careful not to overbake the cupcakes!  You’ll want to watch them closely during those final minutes of baking.

Remove the cupcakes from the oven.  Cool completely.  In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, remaining milk, and vanilla.   

Babblee Hazelnut 3 150x150 Nutella Stuffed Cupcakes with Sea Salted Buttercream

To assemble the cupcakes, use a mini ice cream scoop to remove the center of each cooled cupcake.  Plop a scoop of nutella right inside the hole you just created. 

Frost with buttercream.  Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and a bit of sea salt.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

• KamsOne
  • by   Group Mod - Jen on May. 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM
  •  

Cream-Filled Cupcakes

Ingredients
    1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
    2 teaspoons hot water
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 jar (7 ounce) marshmallow creme
    1/2 cup shortening
    1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    GANACHE FROSTING:
    1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
    3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
    Directions
    Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
    For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; add the salt mixture.
    Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert round pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
    Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
    Dip cupcake tops into frosting; chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
    About
    Recipe submitted by Ilona S.
    View on the Key Ingredient website

Sent from my iPad

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM

SweetLuci
Posted by 
 on May. 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM 
Group Mod Luci

I making these later this week. They look so yummy.

Strawberry Muffins

1 1/2 Cups AP Flour
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¾ Cup Vanilla Soymilk
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries, Thawed

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease 12 muffin tins.

Begin by mixing together your dry ingredients (Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda.) Gently stir in soymilk, oil, and vanilla but be careful not to over-mix. A few lumps are okay! Fold in your thawed strawberries and pour batter into muffin tins, ¾ of the way to the top. Slide you filled tins into the oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick; When they’re ready to come out, the toothpick will remain dry.

Fresh out of the oven, they are still young and impressionable, so don’t try to remove them immediately or you will end up with smushed, dented muffins! Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes inside their cooking vessel. Enjoy with someone you love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN