Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

*~ Recipe Reviews ~*

Posted by   + Show Post

Here's the place to tell us what you think of the  recipes you've tried. Copy, paste, & fill out the form below. Tell us of any changes you made or would make next time. 

Name of recipe?

Rate it 1-10 (10 being the best):

Any changes you suggest?

Any other comments?

Post copy of recipe here:

by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
Alyson121
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Name of recipe? Blackberry Yogurt Muffins

Any changes you suggest? I have no changes i would suggest.  However i did alter the recipe because i didn't have all the ingredients listed.  I used fresh strawberries and raspberries and i used plain yogurt instead of greek, because that's what i had. 

Any other comments?  This recipe is really versatile.  Any fresh berry fruit can be used as well as different spices.  It's a great go-to muffin recipe that your whole family will enjoy.  AND it's so quick and easy to make that you can make them anytime in only a matter of minutes.

I've made this recipe 3 times since i first learned about it and it's been a hit.  My hubby even ate a bunch of these yummy muffins - and he is NOT a sweet baked good eater.

Post copy of recipe here: Blackberry Yogurt Muffins

This recipe started with a blueberry muffin recipe and then got changed to use blackberries.

Blackberry Yogurt Muffins

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used blueberry-flavored Oikos
)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blackberries

Topping:
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with papers or generously grease.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and set aside.
In a larger bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Beat in the yogurt and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir until combined.
Spoon and scrape the batter into the prepared cups. Push the stiff stuff down with blackberries and liberally sprinkle the tops with the cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes for mini-muffins and about 25 minutes for regular muffins, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

"Freedom is NOT free" - Dr. John Henrik Clarke
SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I'm glad you tried this. My family really likes them; DH who usually doesn't like anything sweet, likes them too. 

Quoting Alyson121:

Any changes you suggest? I have no changes i would suggest.  However i did alter the recipe because i didn't have all the ingredients listed.  I used fresh strawberries and raspberries and i used plain yogurt instead of greek, because that's what i had. 

Any other comments?  This recipe is really versatile.  Any fresh berry fruit can be used as well as different spices.  It's a great go-to muffin recipe that your whole family will enjoy.  AND it's so quick and easy to make that you can make them anytime in only a matter of minutes.

I've made this recipe 3 times since i first learned about it and it's been a hit.  My hubby even ate a bunch of these yummy muffins - and he is NOT a sweet baked good eater.

This recipe started with a blueberry muffin recipe and then got changed to use blackberries.

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blackberries

Topping:
1 tablespoon cinnamon

In a larger bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Beat in the yogurt and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir until combined.
Spoon and scrape the batter into the prepared cups. Push the stiff stuff down with blackberries and liberally sprinkle the tops with the cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes for mini-muffins and about 25 minutes for regular muffins, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

Alyson121
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Name of recipe? Summer Tomato and Brie Pizza

Rate it 1-10 (10 being the best): 10

Any changes you suggest? I forgot the red onion and used some fresh basil in addition to the raw pesto sauce and artichoke pesto sauce

Any other comments? This is a fun pizza to make with your children.  I made the pizza in about 8 mini pizzas and put the different sauces on each one. My children LOVED it.  It was a very simple pizza that let me enjoy the fresh tomatoes, basil and brie on top.  I couldn't put them in the oven fast enough before they were eaten.  I couldn't even take a picture because they were eaten so fast.  What a great way to enjoy seasonal veggies that everyone will enjoy. 

Post copy of recipe here: 
Summer Tomato & Brie Pizza

Summer Tomato & Brie Pizza

Posted by Kim Conte
on August 22, 2011 at 12:50 PM

tomato and brie pizzaSometimes the very best-tasting recipes are the easiest, too. That's why I love this one from Real Simple for Tomato and Brie Pizza. It calls for only a few ingredients including soft brie cheese, which tends to be more rich, creamy, and pungent than the traditional mozzarella pizza topping. Plus, it's a great use for the abundance of summer tomatoes. I like to add a bit of pesto sauce for bright and fresh herby flavor, but a drizzle of good olive oil works just as well.

Summer Tomato & Brie Pizza adapted from Real Simple

Ingredients

• Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
  • Olive oil
  • Pesto sauce (optional)
  • 2 large tomatoes, sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
  • 6 oz. brie, divided into chunks
  • Salt and pepper

Instructions

1. Roll out pizza dough.

2. Drizzle with olive oil (or, if using, spread with pesto sauce). Top with tomatoes, red onion, and brie. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Bake in oven at 425 until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling -- about 20 minutes.

Alyson121
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Thank YOU for posting and sharing!  My family LOVES these muffins, seriously.  If i don't eat one when i pull them out of the oven i can forget about it.  LOL

Quoting SweetLuci:

I'm glad you tried this. My family really likes them; DH who usually doesn't like anything sweet, likes them too. 

Quoting Alyson121:

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blackberries

Topping:
1 tablespoon cinnamon

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Name of recipe? Dr. Pepper Sloppy Joes

Rate it 1-10 (10 being the best): 8.  I'm not a huge fan of sloppy joes but these were great!

Any changes you suggest? I didn't have green pepper or onion so i just used onion flakes instead.  It still tasted great

Any other comments? The sauce had great flavor and was really sweet..it was great!

Post copy of recipe here:1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 teaspoons flour
3/4 cup Dr. Pepper (or regular cola)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt

1. Mix ground turkey and ground beef together in a large bowl.

2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the meat with the onion and green pepper. Drain.

3. In large bowl, mix all other ingredients well. Pour over hamburger meat in skillet.

4. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve on hamburger buns

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)