Ground Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni
"This is a lovely recipe that I found on the net. I made changes as I saw fit. It can also be made with ground turkey."
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces tomato sauce ( use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 10 large egg roll wraps
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- First take out a skillet and saute ground chicken, onion and garlic.
- Using a spatula, make sure you break up the chicken making sure there are no chunks.
- Allow mixture to cook for approximately 5 minutes until it is nicely browned and remove from heat.
- Add your spinach, salt, pepper and 1/2 of your parm.
- cheese to the chicken and thoroughly combined.
- In a bowl, combine your tomato sauce with your herbs, adding additional herbs if you desire.
- Take our a baking dish and put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a small amount (about 1/3 cup) of your chicken mixture into your egg roll wrapper.
- You will want to make a bunched line with the mixture closer to one side of the wrapper, making sure that you are placing it lengthwise down the longer side of the wrapper.