Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crispy Oven-fried Fish

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

I made this for tonight's dinner. I used Grouper, a mild whitefish, and served it with garlic green beans and coldslaw. Almost like fried, but without the calories and the hassle of deep frying.

Crispy Oven-fried Fish
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk or cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt or seasoning salt
1 1/2 cups fine cracker crumbs or bread crumbs
1 1/2 lbs. fish fillets
1/4 cup butter, melted
Beat eggs slightly in a shallow dish or pie pan. Blend in milk, lemon juice and salt or seasoning salt. Spread crumbs on a piece of waxed paper or another shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Shake off extra crumbs. Dip fish again in egg mixture, then in crumbs. Dip each piece of fish in melted butter in another shallow dish, coating both sides. Arrange fish in a single layer in greased broiler pan. Broil in preheated broiler until golden and fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork, 7 to 10 minutes.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rocamom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Looks YUMMY!!

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM

That sounds really good. I need to try s few fish recipes, since that is not one of my strong suits.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM

We usually have fish or seafood about twice a week now. I think it's healthier, and it's so quick to cook. We never ate it very often as I was growing up, and it took me awhile to get used to the idea. I was once fearful of cooking it, but it's really easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)