Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday Breakfast?!?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you like to make it or go out for it?

I would LOVE to go out every Sunday but we can't afford that.  So, what we do is make it.  Usually hubby makes either bagel sandwiches OR pumpkin pancakes.  So my hubby usually puts on some jammie pants and my daughter who's 4 has started calling them Breakfast Pants LOL!!!  He came downstairs and she said to him " Daddy you have on your breakfast pants.  I want pancakes." LOL!!  I LOVE HER!!!

My son's favorite is the pumpkin pancakes so these are a huge hit in our house:)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Undomesticated
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM

DH works from 8am-7pm on Sundays.  Actually, he works the whole weekend, and long hours.

But, he has Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays off.  So, we try to do a big breakfast one of those days.  We rarely go out for breakfast.  Maybe once every 3-4 months we'll actually go out for breakfast.

I used to do a big breakfast everyday for me & Corbin.  But, since having Marlee I just can't seem to find the energy or time.  So, once she gets a little older I'll probably go baack to the big breakfasts every morning instead of cereal or sweet biscuits.  I think it's an important meal, and can set the tone for the whole day.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM

We go out occasionally, which is nice. We have quite a few small, family-run restaurants that we like to go to. One is on a fishing dock over the ocean and we can see the surfers and fishermen and early beach walkers, still a little too early to see spring breakers trying to get a tan. I like cooking breakfast, and like variety. This morning it was mushroom, green onion, tomato and Munster cheese omelettes with grits, biscuits and strawberries.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Yes.  We ALWAYS have bacon on the weekends.  My son LOVES pancakes.  I usually make a big batch on Sat and we finish them on Sun.  Sometimes we mix it up with peanutbutter waffles. 

We generally don't go out to breakfast because it just takes too long.  If we do, it's generally a place at the beach where we can sit outside.  We tend to do this more in the winter as summers can be a bit crazy.

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I work so we don't go out or stay in.

SuperPickle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Usually we eat at home. Very ocassionally we will go out. DH works every other weekend so we keep it lighter when he is not home, because the kids are rather light breakfast eaters. 

Today we had chocolate caramel chunk breakfast cookies, raw milk smoothies and apple slices.

epoh
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM
We usually eat at home and I try to make something special. This morning we had peanut butter heart shaped waffles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanBurren
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

We don't usually eat breakfast on the weekends.  When we do, I make pancakes or something.  Know what I'm craving, though. . . some deep-fried biscuits with powdered sugar and warm syrup. . . doesn't that sound good??

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM

On Sunday's we usually have pancakes and sausage. Sometimes french toast. Today though they had cereal since I was feeling sick. My son actually made me toast for breakfast:)

acaisha
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM

mmm pumpkin pancakes sound so yummy

Serenity75
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM

As a kid my family always went out for breakfast on Sundays.  Now that I'm a mom I make a big homemade breakfast every Saturday morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)