Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Recipe of the Week 2/28-Baked Chicken

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you have a recipe for Baked chicken, whether stuffed or not, whole or cut in pieces?  At one time having baked chicken was a Sunday dinner or special occasion meal. Hard as it may seem for us to realize now, chicken was, until recent times,  very expensive.

by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM

To bake a chicken, preheat oven to 350. Remove the giblet pack and save for when making soup. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub with oil or butter, sprinkle all over with salt & pepper, and whatever seasonings you like, inside and out. Poultry seasoning, sage, rosemary, thyme, lemon pepper, garlic powder, bar-b-que seasoning, any seasoning for chicken. Use any or all that you like. Also good to place a whole onion inside. Place chicken in roasting pan. Place in oven. Roast for 1-1 1/2 hours or till juices run clear when poked with a fork in thigh. To bake with stuffing, you will need to cook  about ½ hour longer.

epoh
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM
I don't have a special recipe! I don't usually bake chicken--I cook it in the crockpot if its whole to save myself the time and effort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I don't usually do baked chicken...i made it one and i bought some rotisserie seasoning from the store and put that on it.  It was easy and very good! 

crazymomof4787
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I cook my whole chicken in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound.  I rinse my chicken with water remove the giblet pack and open it and put in the roast next to the chicken.  I use a black ceramic pan with a lid.    I season my chicken with salt and pepper.  I put cut up celery and onion in the middle of the chicken.  Throw the celery and onion out when done cooking.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Those sound good ladies, thanks.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM

This is very good.

Ranch Baked Chicken  

4 bone-in chicken breasts or 8 chicken legs with thighs
1 cup Ranch dressing
1 1/2 to 2 cups plain bread crumbs
Dash of salt, pepper, paprika

Wash chicken, combine salt, pepper, paprika and bread crumbs. Dip chicken in Ranch dressing, then in bread crumb; mix. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serves 4.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Oven Baked Chicken  

1 whole cup-up chicken (or pieces of your choice)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine flour and seasonings in wide bowl. Pour milk into second bowl. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then into seasoned flour, coating well. Place on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes. Turn over; bake additional 15 minutes.

acaisha
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:18 AM

I do one called harvest chicken.. it is a whole chicken seasoned with brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt .. you rub it down with olive oil.. I loosen the skin across the breasts and down the legs too and stuff under the skin with the seasoning.. rub it all over.. throw an apple in the middle and an onion and bake in the oven covered until you can pull the leg away easy and the juices are running clear.. then take the cover off and brown it a bit

gamom36
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

For my baked chicken I will cut up a whole fryer then I pre heat oven to around 350 line pan with tin foil and spray with PAM. The next part is messy but in the end worth it.

Mix up about 1/2 cup of Olive Oil or whatever type of oil you have, mix in (depends on how much dill you like) about 1 tbsp of dried dill or 1/2 tbsp of fresh dill,add in minced garlic, a tad of onion powder,zest of 1 big lemon, juice from the lemon you zested, black pepper, and I have used 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.

Whisk together and let sit for about an hour or so to let flavors mingle. Add chicken and coat very well making sure to get in all those lil pockets!

Let bake for about 40 mins or until juices are clear but DO NOT overbake. I usually cover with tin foil for the first half of baking then remove the latter to ensure browning. Coat with juices from time to time as well to ensure all the flavors are through the chicken.

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I have never baked a whole chicken. I normally just do the breasts or legs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)