Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nachos (Aldi's or your store brand choice)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all, there was a another post on Aldi's and I love the store!!!  This is a nachos recipe that I make with their store brand of items.  I made this while we watched the Superbowl and had wings with it.  I typed it with Aldi's brand but it can be made with your favorite store brand of items.  My children like this and we enjoy leftovers the next day.

Nachos

2 (32 oz.) Blocks Clancy's Cheese Spread
3 (10 oz.) cans Benita Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chiles
Clancy's Restaurant Style White Corn Chips (13 oz.) (I usually get 4 bags)

Cube cheese in large boiler.  Add in tomatoes with juice.  Stir constantly over heat until melted.  Turn on low.  Serve over corn chips.
butterfly on head

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

We like Loaded Nachos

Loaded Nachos
1 lb. Ground beef or chicken, diced
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
¾ cup water
Tortilla chips
16 oz can beans (black, pinto, chili beans or refried-with a little water added to make them easier to spread)
16oz. package shredded Mexican blend cheese or cheddar
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped green onions
Salsa
Chopped avocado
Jalapenos
Olives
Preheat oven to 350. Sauté ground beef or chicken, drain. Add seasoning mix and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread tortilla chips over surface of ovenproof platter or baking dish. Spread meat over chips. Next add beans. Spread cheese over top. Bake 15 minutes. On top add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, avocado, jalapenos and olives as desired.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

We like Loaded Nachos

Loaded Nachos
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
¾ cup water
Tortilla chips
16 oz can beans (black, pinto, chili beans or refried-with a little water added to make them easier to spread)
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped green onions
Salsa
Chopped avocado
Jalapenos
Olives
Preheat oven to 350. Sauté ground beef or chicken, drain. Add seasoning mix and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread tortilla chips over surface of ovenproof platter or baking dish. Spread meat over chips. Next add beans. Spread cheese over top. Bake 15 minutes. On top add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, avocado, jalapenos and olives as desired.

Sounds good...that's a nacho meal:)

KamsOne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I love nachos!!  I'm very basic though.  I like nacho chips with salsa, melted cheese and some black olives.

If we are making it a meal we call it nacho grandes.  We cook up some ground chicken with chicken taco seasoning and add it to the nachos.  Very filling and so yummy!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Quoting KamsOne:

I love nachos!!  I'm very basic though.  I like nacho chips with salsa, melted cheese and some black olives.

If we are making it a meal we call it nacho grandes.  We cook up some ground chicken with chicken taco seasoning and add it to the nachos.  Very filling and so yummy!

sounds yummy...I like olives!...I agree they are filling...that's what we had for Sunday dinner.  I made a couple of chicken nuggets on the side...but everyone was full with the nachos:)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Yes, it is a meal, a very filling one!

Quoting delanna6two:

Quoting SweetLuci:

We like Loaded Nachos

Loaded Nachos
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
¾ cup water
Tortilla chips
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped green onions
Salsa
Chopped avocado
Jalapenos
Olives

Sounds good...that's a nacho meal:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)