Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats your favorite recipe?!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

Share your absoulte favorite recipe here!! 

I feel like i'm always making the same ol' thing so lets share! 

This is mine....quick and super easy, and very tasty!

Chicken Broccoli Shells Recipe

Photo by: Taste of Home
Rating 4.78

100% would make again

• 7 Servings
  • Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.

Ingredients

• 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
  • 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained

Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken and cheeses. Spoon into pasta shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

we add bacon in ours for more flavor! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Sounds good.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM

This is my recipe for beef stew.  I could eat this every single day!  My absolutely favorite thing to make...especially in the winter!

BEEF STEW
Ingredients
2 Lbs. Sirloin Tips, cubed
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Tsp. Season Salt
1/4 Tsp. Pepper
4 Tbs. Shortening
1 Can Beef Broth
2 Cups Water
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Large Onions
2 Bay Leaves
1/4 Tsp. Allspice
1/2 Bag Baby Carrots
1 Bunch Celery
4 Medium Potatoes
 Season Salt to taste
Directions
1. Mix flour, 1 tsp. season salt and pepper in large plastic bag.  Add beef to bag and shake until coated.
2. Melt shortening in large pot.  Add beef and brown.
3. Add beef broth and water to pot.   Chop one onion and add to pot along with lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and allspice.  Add a few shakes of season salt.
4. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Chop carrots, celery and the remaining onion.  Peel and cube the potatoes.   Add all veggies to pot.
6. Cover and simmer an additional 1-2 hours or until veggies are soft.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I am asked to bring this whenever I go to a party/potluck.  Everyone raves about it and asks for the recipe.

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Ingredients
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 sticks butter
3-4 tbs flour
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
3-1/2 cups 2% milk
 Salt & Pepper
1 pkg Townhouse crackers, crushed

Directions
1. Boil pasta as directed until al dente.  Drain and place in casserole dish.
2. Melt one stick of butter in large pan.  Add flour, salt and pepper.  Stir well and bring to light boil.
3. Add Velveeta and milk.  Stir constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.  Pour over pasta.
4. Melt the other stick of butter in pan.  Add crackers to the butter and stir until well blended.  Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes
lexismum03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM

oh my gosh I have been wanting to try baked mac & cheese. Just haven't been brave enough! I'm definitely going to have to try it now! :)

Quoting KamsOne:

I am asked to bring this whenever I go to a party/potluck.  Everyone raves about it and asks for the recipe.

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Ingredients
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 sticks butter
3-4 tbs flour
3-1/2 cups 2% milk
 Salt & Pepper

Directions
2. Melt one stick of butter in large pan.  Add flour, salt and pepper.  Stir well and bring to light boil.
3. Add Velveeta and milk.  Stir constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.  Pour over pasta.
4. Melt the other stick of butter in pan.  Add crackers to the butter and stir until well blended.  Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes

lexismum03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Cream Cheese Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 pck. dry italian salad dressing

1 can condensed chicken soup

8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup water (i add some chicken boullion)
minced onion
optional - celery and carrots

pour water in bottom of crock pot, then add the chicken.  drizzle melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with dry italian dressing.  add pepper to taste.  i add carrots, celery and onion roughly chopped around the chicken for more veggies and taste. 
cook low 6 hours.  45 minutes before done, mix soup and cream cheese (i melt in microwave for a few minutes to combine until smooth).  add mixture to crock pot and continue cooking on low for 30-45 minutes.

I serve over noodles!

I love this and my husband really enjoys it (he is a really picky eater)

lucki_flip05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Chili:
1pkg chili mix (or 4-5 tablespoons chili powder)
1 lbs hamburger
2 (8) oz cans tomato sauce
2 cans pinto beans or kidney beans
1 can water

Cook meat. In big pot start warming beans(with juice from can) tomato sauce, and chili mix. When meat is done add to beans mix until warm. (Can also add a chopped bell pepper and onion to add some veggie to it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I have lots of favorites. This is just one:

Decadent Chocolate Trifle
21 oz package brownie mix, (or 18 ½ oz chocolate cake mix) prepared as directed.
½ cup Kahlua (optional)
Two (3oz. each) boxes instant chocolate pudding, prepared with half&half instead of milk
16oz container whipped topping or 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
8 small chocolate covered toffee bars (Skor), frozen and finely chopped or one
7.5 oz bag of almond brickle chips
Cut cooled cake into chunks. In glass trifle bowl, layer 1/3 cake, sprinkle with Kahlua, layer 1/3 pudding, 1/3 whipped topping, 1/3 candy chips. Repeat layers two more times.

Variations:
Peach-Substitute a 18 ¼ oz yellow cake mix, ½ cup ammaretto, apricot or peach jam, French vanilla pudding, canned or frozen or fresh peaches, whipped topping, garnish with toasted sliced almonds
Strawberry-frozen pound cake, (I don’t use liquor for this because the strawberries are so juicy, but you could), cheesecake pudding, fresh strawberries, (can use strawberry preserves when fresh aren’t in season), whipped topping. Save a few berries for garnish.
Blackberry-lemon-purchased bakery poundcake, lemon pudding, jar lemon curd (found in grocery near jelly), fresh blackberries or blackberry preserves, whipped topping. Save a few berries for garnish.
Banana-banana bread-banana liqueur, banana pudding, sliced bananas (dipped in lemon juice to preserve color), whipped topping.
Autumn-spice cake sprinkled with ammaretto, whipped cream, cheesecake pudding, apricot jam, almonds & cherries for garnish.

Raspberry-chocolate cake, raspberry jam, Framboise, cheesecake pudding, whipped cream with toasted sliced almonds and fresh raspberries for garnish.
Key Lime-pound cake, Key Lime curd, vanilla pudding, blackberry preserves, blackberry brandy, whipped cream, with black walnuts and fresh blackberries for garnish.

As you can see, you can use almost anything you little heart desires. A dieter’s delight can be made using angelfood cake, sugar-free pudding and skim milk, and fresh fruit, no liqueur and sugar-free fruit spread or fresh fruit, and no-fat whipped topping.

This is very easy to put together, tastes good, and makes a very pretty presentation.

ameslink
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Share your absoulte favorite recipe here!! 

I feel like i'm always making the same ol' thing so lets share! 

This is mine....quick and super easy, and very tasty!

Photo by: Taste of Home
Rating 4.78

100% would make again

• 7 Servings
  • Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.

Ingredients

• 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
  • 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained

Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken and cheeses. Spoon into pasta shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.

I have this exact same recipe (can't remember where I got it), and we love it....I make it often.

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I tried a baked mac and cheese once and it SUCKED. we ended up liking the boxed better. Maybe I just needed a better recipe.

Quoting lexismum03:

oh my gosh I have been wanting to try baked mac & cheese. Just haven't been brave enough! I'm definitely going to have to try it now! :)

Quoting KamsOne:

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Ingredients
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 sticks butter
3-4 tbs flour
3-1/2 cups 2% milk
 Salt & Pepper

Directions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)