Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with a recipe.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

I want to try this recipe, but the one ingredient I have never heard of is below in red. Philadelphia Santa Fe Cooking Creme??? Plus I would rather just make it at home then go out and buy it. (cheaper!)

Santa Fe Chicken Casserole

3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can  (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
2   green onions, sliced
1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided
3   flour tortillas (6 inch)
3/4 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ΒΊF.

COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup cooking creme; mix lightly.

SPOON 1/3 of the chicken mixture into 9-inch pie plate; top with 1 tortilla, half the remaining chicken mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cover with second tortilla, remaining chicken mixture, 1/4 cup shredded cheese and remaining tortilla. Top with remaining cooking creme and shredded cheese; cover.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through; uncover. Bake 5 min. or until cheese is golden brown.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

This is what I found when I googled it.  I've never heard of it either.  It must be something new!

Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme

elijahsmama09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Anyone try this stuff, and know what it is? Is it just seasoned cream cheese??

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

It's new. It's seasoned cream cheese, so I believe, in this recipe, you could just use regular cream cheese, and seasonings that you prefer.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Ingredients contain red bell peppers, lime juice, garlic, onions, chipotle chili peppers, jalapenos, and spices.

elijahsmama09
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM

So its just seasoned cream cheese then....I will make my own version then. Thanks ladies, you rock!

skittles2011
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:29 PM

its with the cream cheese...its in a little tub that says phillidelphia cooking cream. i tried the savory garlic and it was so yummy.

KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM

yeah it something new that they have out now!   I saw them at publix the other day

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I haven't tried them yet but they have a bunch of new flavors.

elijahsmama09
by on Mar. 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM
OK, so I wanted to update. I made this recipe, but subbed in an 8 oz cream cheese, thinned with a little sour cream, and added my ouwn "south west seasoning"(cumin, chilli powder, cayenne, onion and garlic powder, pepper.) and it was very good. I did see this at my local Walmart, but its $3 for a small tub, and the ingredients are milk, and thickening agents....makes me think it is an over priced seasoned roux??? Just my thoughts:) I may try it if I get a coupon and its cheap enough.
KamsOne
by on Mar. 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM
I think there were coupons for this in Sunday's papers. $3 is a lot for one tub....I wouldn't buy it either without a coupon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)