Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unstuffed Pork Chops

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

If you like stuffed porkchops, but don't like the work involved, try this. It's a winner on taste, and easy to do.

Unstuffed Pork Chops

6 boneless porchops 3/4 inch thick

1 pkg of pork or chicken stuffing 

salt & pepper

1 tbsp canola oil

onion powder

1(10.75 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup

1/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Make the stuffing according to pkg and set aside.Season the pork Chops with the salt & pepper and onion powder.Brown the porkchops in the oil on both sides (they will fully cook in the oven).Now arrange the chops in a 9x13 baking dish then top each pork chop with the stuffing.Mix the soup and milk and pour it over the stuffing.Now cover and bake 35-40 minutes.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlee620
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Yum, this sounds really good and simple!  Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM

This doesnt make the stuffing too soggy?

I make a stuffed porkchop with stuffing, cranberrys, and spinach. I love me some stuffed porkchop!!!

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I have made something similar to this except I used spaghetti sauce instead of mushroom soup.

KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM

i'll have to try this.  is it pretty easy?

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I make something very similar to this.  I think my recipe has brown sugar in it though.  Anyway, these are fabulous!  And much easier than actually stuffing the chops!

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM

"Stuffed" Pork Chops

Ingredients
4-6 pork chops
2 tbs margarine
 Salt & pepper
1 box Stove Top stuffing mix
1 tbs brown sugar
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1/3 soup can water

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on each side.  Melt margarine in skillet and brown pork chops on each side.  Do not cook through, just brown approx. 1 minute on each side.
3. Prepare stuffing as directed on box, but add the tablespoon of brown sugar. 
4. Place pork chops in baking dish.  Scoop the stuffing over the pork chops.  In the same pan the stuffing was prepared in, combine soup, water and worcestershire sauce.  Then pour the soup mixture evenly over the stuffing and pork chops.
5. Bake in oven approximately 20 - 25 minutes until pork chops are done.
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Tucked into the recipe thread.  Thanks for sharing this Luci!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

No it doesn't make them soggy. It sounds like you're picturing the chops and stuffing completely covered with liquid. The soup & milk mixture gets poured over the top of the stuffing. It then settles around the chops, but doesn't rise to the height of the stuffing, which is on top of the chops. That little bit of thick mixture that clings to the stuffing helps keep it moist.

Quoting Kimberly954:

This doesnt make the stuffing too soggy?

I make a stuffed porkchop with stuffing, cranberrys, and spinach. I love me some stuffed porkchop!!!

acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM

we have these a lot when I need something fast, i made them tonight but I don't use the soup because my husband hates mushroom soup. I just season the chops, make the stuffing and dump it on top and bake.

acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I always have to use two boxes though never seems like one is enough to cover the porkchops..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)