Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pork chops

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

We're having pork chops for dinner tonight.  And, although I love to cook them in a casserole recipe I have, my husband is insisting on grilling them.  Does anyone have any tips for grilling pork chops?  Any marinade or seasoning you like?  I just think they'll get dry if we don't put soemthing on them.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I love bbq grilled pork chops. We use sweet baby ray's .

Wyndi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I love the Mc Cormick marinade packets.  for pork chops I'd either use their hawaiian Luau or Mesquite mix.

All I do is mix it up and let it chill in the fridge for minimum of 30 minutes. then grill or bake

Hi I'm Wyndi. I live in a small villiage in Ohio. I've met the Villiage Idiot and wish his villiage would come claim him.

dlee620
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I like using Italian salad dressing.  It's good!

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Growing up, my dad would always throw them on the grill and then baste them with bbq sauce as they were cooking.

SuperPickle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I love them just lightly oiled(olive oil) then rubbed with a little salt, pepper , garlic powder and cumin then tossed on a grill.

The BEST way to make sure they arent dry is to watch the temperature with a meat thermometer. By the time you can visually tell they are done enough they are usually way too dry. 145-155 in the thickest part .

CashsMama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM

No tips, my favorite is fried!!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I found this recipe at cdkitchen.com.  I have not tried it myself.

1-2-3 Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
Recipe from cdkitchen.com

4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Place all ingredients in self-sealing bag and refrigerate at least 20 minutes (or overnight). Remove chops from bag and discard marinade.

Grill over medium-hot coals, turning several times until done and no longer pink, or about 12-16 minutes or until temperature reaches 155 degrees on instant-read thermometer.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Me too. We usually use the zesty italian to give it a little more flavor.

Quoting dlee620:

I like using Italian salad dressing.  It's good!

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

You can just sprinkle them with a little salt & pepper before grilling also.  That will give them a little extra flavor.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I love brining pork chops before grilling. We think of brining as a new innovation, but this recipe came from county Mayo, Ireland just after the Civil War.

Mrs. O"Brien’s Brined Pork Chops

½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
10 whole black peppercorns
5 bay leaves
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1 cup mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano)

Peel of 1 orange
1 quart boiling water
3 quarts cold water
Twelve 4 ounce bone-in center cut pork chops
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, fennel seeds, herbs, orange peel and boiling water. Stir to completely dissolve the sugar and salt. Stir in the cold water to cool the brine.

Lay the chops in a single layer in a large nonreactive pan and completely cover them with the brine. If a chop floats to the surface, weigh it down with a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.

Heat a grill or broiler. Drain the pork chops, discarding the brine, and pat dry. Brush with oil and grill or broil for 10-12 minutes, until well browned on both sides and instant-read thermometer registers 145. Transfer the chops to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)