Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I find it when I'm not looking for it!!!" (but at least I found it)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I always find something when I'm not looking for it....a lot....does that happen to you?  This dessert I tasted at an office party and I thought it was delicious!!!  I did not know what it was and did not get a recipe before I left.....That's been about 3 years ago.....and today I was "googling" (spelling) pictures of banana pudding and found the recipe....I remembered what it looked like......Well here are the recipes.....one is a "Paula Deen" version and another is from a blog.......

Anyone ever tried this version of banana pudding?
(I have not tried the recipe but tasted it - it is great!!!!)

Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/not-yo-mamas-banana-pudding-recipe/index.html

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Chessman Cookie Banana Pudding
http://pallavi-foodblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/banana-pudding.html

3 bags Pepperidgefarm Chessmen Cookies (pick up the "Big-Size" ones NOT the bite size)
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
16 oz Cool whip (regular)
7 oz Jello vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups low fat milk
10 bananas (sliced)

Process:
Add milk to the pudding mix powder and mix it well so that there are no lumps. In a separate container, add condensed milk to coolwhip and stir well. You can use a hand blender too. Add the pudding to this mixture. Now take a wide, about 3 inch deep pan.
Layer the chessmen cookies. Add half of the sliced bananas. Layer half of the whipcream pudding mixture on this. Layer the other half of bananas on the pudding layer, Now, spread the remaining half of the pudding/whipcream mixture. Arrange the chessmen cookies such that they are right above the ones in the first layer. Cover with clingwrap and let it sit in the fridge for about 12-24 hours so that the cookies are softer.

You should be able to cut each slice of the dessert but cutting around the cookies. Enjoy.Serves about 12-15 people generously.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM

that looks good and really cool! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I have tasted this, but haven't made it, so not sure about the recipes. It was really very good.

CashsMama
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Oh god!  I looooove banana pudding!!!!!!!!!!!  The first pic looks delicious!  Oh, and I have never had either of those.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

I have tasted this, but haven't made it, so not sure about the recipes. It was really very good.

I know it is so good....I'm glad I ran across the recipes....may try to make it one day....

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Quoting CashsMama:

Oh god!  I looooove banana pudding!!!!!!!!!!!  The first pic looks delicious!  Oh, and I have never had either of those.

So do I!!!!  It has a wonderful taste to it.......I also love the kind you make with sour cream....I know a lady that makes the kind with sour cream that is just so light and fluffy.....It is really good too:)

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I dont really care for banana pudding but good luck and happy eating when you find one you like! :)

melisawoosley
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM
Yum!!! Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)