Caribbean Chicken Caesar Salad
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix, divided
- 1 cup tangerine or mandarin orange segments
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Combine chicken and 1/4 cup pina colada mix. In a large skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken mixture over medium
- heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set
- Combine the tangerines, celery, pineapple, onion and olives in a
- large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise,
- cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining pina colada mix.
- Add chicken and romaine to the tangerine mixture; drizzle with
- dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups equals 298 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.