Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it bad that...?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

my DH gagged twice tonight on dinner before just throwing it in the trash?? I didnt think it was THAT bad, but it definitely didn't come out like the picture. He hated the entire meal (except the roll). I made a broccoli and chicken rice with baked snapper and asparagus. The snapper is what he gagged on. It had a "sauce" on top with mayo and egg in it that was supposed to bake and brown (I believe) and it didnt, it came out more like a creamy mayo sauce. Oh well. Another recipe bites the dust!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Ah I'm sure he was being dramatic :)

We all have our fails! On those nights. DD and I eat pb&j lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Well, I ate the dinner. DH had a PB&J. LOL

Quoting epoh:

Ah I'm sure he was being dramatic :)

We all have our fails! On those nights. DD and I eat pb&j lol

epoh
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Was it just the fish? Maybe the sauce? I personally do olive oil, garlic, lemon and black pepper on fish. Sometimes I add some fresh herbs if I have them on hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I can't stand it when a recipe doesn't turn out right either by my mistake or from just not liking the recipe at all. I agree that he was being dramatic, lol.

When we hate the recipe results it still doesn't stop me from continuing on to find those gems in the recipe world.

Good Luck....do you have leftovers?  If so at least you have lunch!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Sorry your recipe didn't turn out, and sorry that he had the reaction he did. I often top fish or chicken with mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese or mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and it always ends up crispy.

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I hate it when a new recipe doesn't turn out as well as I hoped. The next one will be better!

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I dont care at all! So he didnt like it. No biggie. This happens every now and then. This is exactly why I like it when others test recipes first! heehee

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

This happens to me all the time....I mess up big time...I even mess up stuff that I've made a lot...it's ok

acaisha
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:13 AM

aww can't win them all right :)

KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:49 AM

oh man!  I'm sorry.  We all have something that doesn't turn out like its suppose to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)