Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought parsley and cilantro. . .

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
Fresh. And I forgot what I bought them for!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Parsley would add good flavor to most savory dishes. Cilantro is very good in salsa, guacamole, and is usually found in many different Latino dishes. If you don't remember, make this and use later. It freezes well.

Cilantro Herb Butter

4 tablespoon butter (1/2 stick)

1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel

2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro

1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic

Salt & pepper

In a small bowl, add the butter and let it soften. It shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes to be workable. Add the lemon peel, cilantro and garlic and mush together with a fork. Season with a little salt and pepper.

On a sheet of plastic wrap, add the butter and roll it up to form a butter log about 3 - 4 inches long. Stick it in the freezer to firm up. When you are ready to use it, take it out of the freezer and cut off thin coin shaped pieces.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Lol! I have totally done that before too! I always blame it on mommy brain.
acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM

mmm i love cilantro I use it all the time.. and it keeps for a good while.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM
The cilantro butter sounds good! Do you know how long it will keep in the freezer??
acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

to keep them fresher longer until you figure out how to use them you can put them stem down in a cup of water.. you can also freeze herbs.. just wash and dry it well first

acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM

oh and you can also put it in a blender with olive oil then freeze it in an icecube tray once its frozen transfer it to ziplocks.. then just add it to dishes as needed.. it keeps the taste well.

starlight1968
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:43 AM

we use cilantro in a lot of things.  Especially in eggs and veggies.  I've been told to add it towards the end of cooking if you can so that it retains it flavor. 

KaylaMillar
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:51 AM

lol i do that too.  Mommy brain.

CashsMama
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM

ahahaha.  make some homemade salsa with the cilantro mmmmm

Undomesticated
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

mmmmm, at least they are great herbs that you can use in pretty much almost any dish.  :) 

We've all been there.  I buy things all the time and forget what I got something for :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)