10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the
- sugar until melted and caramel in color, about 10 minutes. Stir in
- almonds until coated. Spread on foil to cool; break into small
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, onion and strawberries. Combine
- the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with coated almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
on May. 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM