Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pork Scaloppini

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

Reminiscent of Veal Scalloppini, but much cheaper. To vary the flavor, you can use an equal amount of fresh tarragon, chives or basil for the parsley. I like to serve it over noodles or rice.

Pork Scaloppini
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.) cut into 4 equal pieces and pounded 1/4" thick
Salt & pepper to taste
5 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley

Pat cutlets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 2 cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter and tent with foil. Repeat with additional 1 tablespoon butter and remaining cutlets.

Add garlic and additional 1 tablespoon butter to empty skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, lemon juice, sugar, and any accumulated pork juices and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk in parsley and remaining butter. Pour sauce over sutlets. Serve.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Are you quartering it to make 4 long pieces or just chopping it in half and then those halfs in half? Did that make sence?? trying to figure out how you are getting tenderloin to 1/4" thickness.

acaisha
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I think she means make them into 1/4 thick medallions.. most times tenderloin is a long strip so you just slice it.

acaisha
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM

oh wait.. re-read it.. uh I would say cut into four equal peices then pounded into flat cutlets..

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I'm sorry. I should have explained that better. Don't slice it into 4 long pieces. Cut the tenderloin in half, then each half gets cut again in half, so you have four pieces that look like the shape of a frozen orange juice concentrate container (gee, I wish I had some photos). Then place on top of a sheet of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap, cut side down. Place another sheet on top. Using a meat mallet, pound until thin. You could also cut the tenderloin into 8 pieces. That might be a bit easier to pound. I hope this helps.  I'll try to get to the grocery again this week and make it and  try to remember to take photos. Sorry if this was confusing. It's much cheaper to do it this way than to buy pork cutlets, and really easy, once you do it once.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Are you quartering it to make 4 long pieces or just chopping it in half and then those halfs in half? Did that make sence?? trying to figure out how you are getting tenderloin to 1/4" thickness.

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

This would work, but pounding it out makes it more tender, and it cooks more evenly without curling up, the way thinly sliced medallions sometimes do.

Quoting acaisha:

I think she means make them into 1/4 thick medallions.. most times tenderloin is a long strip so you just slice it.

KaylaMillar
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM

yum!

KamsOne
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I made this tonight and just have to say it was absolutely delicious!!!  I will definitely be making this again!!!!  (and again and again and again.....)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I'm so glad you made this. My family really likes it as well.

Quoting KamsOne:

I made this tonight and just have to say it was absolutely delicious!!!  I will definitely be making this again!!!!  (and again and again and again.....)

epoh
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I don't like pork. What other meat could I use besides that and veal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

THere have been some really good sales on pork tenderloin here lately so thanks for the recipe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)