Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juicing anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I recently talked to a dietician who told me I need to eat more vegetables.  So I started juicing for an afternoon snack.  My grandma is the big juicer in our family.  I like carrot, cucumber, apple and beet juice. 

Mother of Esther (9), Sophia (7), Basil (4) and Jonah (1), Xenia born Jan '11
Author of "Syra's Scribbles"
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KamsOne
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM
I really want to get a juicer. DH just ordered one of those margaritaville blenders though so looks like I'll have to wait a bit to get my juicer.
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Syra3.14159:

I recently talked to a dietician who told me I need to eat more vegetables.  So I started juicing for an afternoon snack.  My grandma is the big juicer in our family.  I like carrot, cucumber, apple and beet juice. 

I have not tried juicing before....I bet it's probably good during these summer months too.  I want to get a blender so I can do more blended drinks for this summer....

OliviaW.
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Apple-Celery Juice

2 medium apples

3 stalks celery

1 small clove garlic, peeled (optional)

• Juice the apples, celery and garlic, if desired, in a juicing machine.
OliviaW.
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Pear-Apple-Grape Juice 

3 pears

1 apple

1/4 cup seedless grapes

• Wash the pears, apple and grapes. Put them through a juicer. Pour into a glass and serve immediately
OliviaW.
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Carrot-Apple Juice

5 to 6 medium carrots

2 medium apples

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I use the blender or food processor to make juice drinks and smoothies  because from what I've seen, most juicers eliminate the fiber, and that one of the big benefits of fruits and veggies. I want to keep the fiber. What did the dietician say about juicing?

corrinacs
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Never thought about it before, but I love juices  as well LOL.  I have never juiced before, but I usually get the store-bougth stuff LOL.  I'm so terrible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)