Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son and his Uncle Keith's cooking, lol.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
The other day I had to take my daughter to her tea party for school so my son stayed with my dad and brother. Keith (my brother) is 25, he just graduated culinary school and he is an excellent cook. So he told my son he would make him eggs. He said Nate (my son) watched him the whole time he was making the eggs and was telling him he was doing it wrong! He said that's not how my mommy does it, lol. Keith cooked the eggs and then put salt and pepper when they were in the pan, I always whisk it in when they are in the bowl. LOL. Also apparently he wasn't stirring them correctly, LMAO.

Then for lunch he made him grilled cheese and he put cheddar and American cheese in it, he said no it's not right, lol. My mommy does it this way. He actually told my brother I was the best cook in the whole world!

When I heard all this I got on him for being rude and made him apologize, then I kissed him, lol. Is it horrible that I was kind if touched and got a little misty? He is such a sweetie pie! I love cooking for him, he is always saying how good everything is. :)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michellina124
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Nah but it is awesome he is seeing a man cook too, a lot of kids don't see that, maybe it will inspire him to be a chef too.

stinkerbelle28
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quoting michellina124:

Nah but it is awesome he is seeing a man cook too, a lot of kids don't see that, maybe it will inspire him to be a chef too.

Yes it is! Nate loves to help out so I hope he ends up like me and my brother, loving to cook.

jen113000
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Lol too funny!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

What a cute story!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Such a sweet story. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and babysitting my nephew. I made him a grilled cheese sandwich and he wouldn't eat it because it wasn't the way it was supposed to be, wasn't the way his mother cooked it. When I asked him how was it supposed to be, he told me I had it cut in the wrong corners! I took his plate, turned my back and re-positioned it on the plate. He smiled and ate it.

harymarshman
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Haha these stories are adorable!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Such a sweet story. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and babysitting my nephew. I made him a grilled cheese sandwich and he wouldn't eat it because it wasn't the way it was supposed to be, wasn't the way his mother cooked it. When I asked him how was it supposed to be, he told me I had it cut in the wrong corners! I took his plate, turned my back and re-positioned it on the plate. He smiled and ate it.

Krysden
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:51 PM

love it

ceciliam
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM

LOL, cute!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:50 PM

No, I don't think it's horrible....I think it's just right....that's wonderful that he looks to you in that way....I think it's a positive thing.....I feel better when my dc like what I cook than those days when I mess up and turn everyone's stomach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)