Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

One Pot Mac and Cheese

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

One Pot Mac and Cheese - mrfood.com
http://www.mrfood.com/One-Pots/One-Pot-Mac-and-Cheese-817

1 pound spaghetti
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    4 cups (1 quart) milk
    6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

In a soup pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside in colander.
In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat then stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add cheese, dry mustard, salt, and pepper and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Add spaghetti and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.

by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Alyson121
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Yum!  We love mac n cheese around here.  I can def make it in a big pot and eliminate all the extra steps of making the cheese sauce, baking in the ove, etc. 

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:17 AM

We do too...I wonder how it will taste with the spaghetti....most of the time I've used elbows.

Quoting Alyson121:

Yum!  We love mac n cheese around here.  I can def make it in a big pot and eliminate all the extra steps of making the cheese sauce, baking in the ove, etc. 

Alyson121
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:22 AM

I've used different kinds of noodles when making it, although i've never used spaghetti.  I'm going to try this, maybe i'll cook it this week-end.

Quoting delanna6two:

We do too...I wonder how it will taste with the spaghetti....most of the time I've used elbows.

Quoting Alyson121:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I also wonder about that.

Quoting delanna6two:

Quoting Alyson121:

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Using spaghetti is an awesome idea, I think my kids would really like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)