Nigella Is Here! Ask the Star Chef a Question & Win Her Book! Updated with Winners!
Do you have questions about upcoming holiday cooking? Who better to answer them than star chef Nigella Lawson?
Nigella will answer YOUR questions about holiday meals, desserts, and more this week in the Recipes for Busy Moms group!
Plus, Nigella will be in the group LIVE on December 6 to start to answer your questions. Make sure you stop by Tuesday, December 6 at 10:30 am Eastern to meet the domestic goddess herself and say hello while she is here!
Ask your questions by replying to this post. Nigella will post her replies here as well. Her responses start on this page!
After her live visit, she will visit the group throughout the week to continue to answer your holiday cooking questions -- so keep them coming throughout the week! Nigella will answer as many of your questions as her time allows for during the week.
We gave Nigella these five questions to answer to kick things off. See her answers here!
- I make food gifts every year, usually quick breads or muffins, but want to branch out into jams or flavored oils or something else. What's the easiest to start with?
- I'd like to make a roast beef this year instead of ham or turkey. What cut do you recommend, and what's the tastiest (but not too complicated) way to prepare it?
- What holiday dishes do you think are best suited for the pickiest of picky eaters? Chicken nuggets and French fries does not a festive meal make.
- We're having lots of family stay overnight. Do you have any good suggestions for brunch-y foods that can be prepared ahead of time?
- Is there a special family recipe that you make every year? If so, do you make it because you love it so much, or because your family demands it?
Six lucky moms who ask questions will receive a copy of one of Nigella's cookbooks--either "Nigella Christmas" or her latest, "Nigella Kitchen."
Thank you for joining us, Nigella!
Nigella Lawson is the bestselling author of many cookbooks, including "How to Eat," "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," "Nigella Bites," "Nigella Express," and more. She has hosted several cooking shows, including the current "Nigella Feasts" on the Food Network. Her latest book is "Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home." She is also a mother of two.
The Official Rules
To enter the contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.
Posts must be made between Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11 am EST and Friday, December 9 at 5 pm EST.
- This contest will end on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Six winners will be selected randomly.
- The winners will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
- Multiple replies are allowed and will increase your chances of winning.
- Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notice of winning.
- Three winners will receive a copy of "Nigella Christmas," and three winners will receive a copy of "Nigella Kitchen."