Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

non-cereal breakfast ideas??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi! What are some good items for breakfast other than cereal and eggs? I was thinking a healthy muslix muffin and fruit or something... Any such recipes on hand? Anything else? :) My dd is 2 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Toast with tomato (my 5 yrold ds loves)

Toast with Avocado (my 2yrold dd loooves this!)

Oatmeal

Fruit salad and eggs (i know i know no eggs lol)

waffles with preserves (syrup makes my kids CRAZY)

ummmm let me think of more ideas for you.

rkoloms
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM

pancake (or waffle) sandwich; we use peanut butter and apple or banana; you can also do this with a whole grain tortilla.

oatmeal with frozen blueberries

KaylaMillar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Pancakes, waffles. French toast sticks, bagels, toast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Oatmeal, toast & jelly, biscuit & gravy, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, pancake, waffle, muffins, fruit.
Hehe occasionally we have pizza if we had it the night before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DYNARAH
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I like making oat bran with milk and adding frozen blueberries, vanilla extract and a little brown sugar.  I know you said no eggs, but a western omelette is easy and quick. I heat frozen pepper medley (peppers & onion) in some butter. Set aside and add eggs. When almost fully set I add the peppers to half and shredded cheese. Fold over and done. Add turkey breakfast sausage on the side.

Cindy18
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

How about a english muffin with cheese or cheese and sausage? We have been doing a healthier verison of these at home and it's a huge hit!

la1118
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

How about yogurt and fruit?  Or a fruit smoothie?

IzzyBashir
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My son loves turkey sausage and spelt toast. He gets some low-fat protein and a slow absorption carb and is ready to go. I also give him probiotics in the morning and a glass of LF milk.

On cold morning he like oatmeal with apples or some other fruit in it. I always add a pinch of cinnamon because the cinnamon and the fruit sweeten the oatmeal without having to use sugar. 

Egg and a banana

Always try to include a LF protein and a low absorption carb

epoh
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
We make a variety of homemade oatmeal with various fresh and dried fruits, coconut, different nuts, and always brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopefulMommy89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I diced up a couple apples this morning and threw them in some honey wheat pancake batter with some apple pie spice and made some awesome pancakes that don't need syrup because of the sweetness of the apple & spices. Just put a little butter on them and they're delicious! I always make a bunch of them and freeze them into individual servings so they can be quickly thawed in the toaster or microwave for a quick breakfast :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)