Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone. I am a SHM with 4 very rambunctious boys who LOVE to eat. Lol. I am always in the market for more recipes and new fun ideas for meals and snacks. Any ideas? I would appreciate any responses. Thanks!!

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-12):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

This is one of our favorite recipes 

Parmesan Fish
1 lb. fish
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup cracker crumbs
Dill, Lawrey’s seasoned salt. Or lemon-pepper
Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if you have it) Crush Ritz crackers (or any crackers, including gold fish) in a zip-lock bag. Pour cracker crumbs in plate; add dill, Lawrey’s seasoning salt, or lemon-pepper if you wish. Dredge fish in the cracker crumbs. Place on a greased baking pan. Drizzle a little butter on top or spray with cooking spray. Bake in 450 oven about 10-15 minutes.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Cacciatore Drumsticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 chicken drumsticks
3 tablespoons flour
15 oz. can Italian style tomato sauce
4 oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. cornstarch

In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle drumsticks with flour. Brown drumsticks in oil for 3-4 minutes until they begin to brown. Place drumsticks in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch and mix to blend. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and blend well. Stir into liquid in slow cooker and cook on high 15-20 minutes longer until thickened.  

Or sometimes I just like to throw them in the crockpot with either a can of cream soup and a soupcan full of milk, bake them for 4-6 hours on low, or with a bottle of bbq sauce and a sliced onion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)