Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

My picky eating boyfriend

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am a pure italian cook, but, my boyfriend wont eat any thing with spices or, well, ANYTHING!!!!!  How can i make him eat this stuff!!!!

screaming

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Oh I feel your pain. Before I got married, my dh wouldnt touch any veggie that wasnt peas or green beans in a can. I have broadened his horizons a LOT. I would make something i know he would like and eat but also make something else i wasnt sure about...like I know he likes bacon in green beans so I put bacon in asparagus. Low and behold, he liked it. Its a slow process and you wont get him to like everything but you may get him to expand his horizons a bit. Add one spice, lightly. See how that goes.

gmadiane
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I'm sorry my dh is not that picky

rkoloms
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

My spouse was very picky when we met. It took me two years of hard work to undo the damage his mother did by allowing him to grow up picky.
For a week, we went to a different ethnic restaurant every day, and he was exposed to a huge variety of flavors. From there, we built on his likes

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I'm sorry. My dh will eat ANYTHING! I guess i would ask him what he likes and try and make something from there.

periwinkle163
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Think about the dishes he does like, and play with those flavors to expand his list of acceptable foods.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I've never met a picky man when it comes to food anyway. Usually I'm the challenge lol.

mom2priceboys
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

No help here my Hubs and I are going on 20 years and he still is a bit** about anything with flavor. It makes me hate him so much!!!

michellina124
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM
My S/O wont eat anything healthy and we have been together 15 years now. Thank God our kids are like me,they eat all types of foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:58 AM
I don't know. :( Maybe you could sit down with him and a recipe book, pick out some recipes, and use one basic spice, or go very light with it. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:37 AM

My DH told me when we were dating that he didn't eat any vegetables, now 13 years later, he eats everything. It's a slow process; don't get discouraged, just try a little at a time, and don't comment on it. And remember, it's his decision to eat it or not; but it's your decision on what to cook. just keep providing healthy foods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN