Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pesto...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you like it? Do you have a really good recipe that you'd like to share? Interested in trying it.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I love it! I made a chicken pesto pizza a couple weeks ago and it was amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I have not tried it yet.

Here's a recipe link:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pesto/

epoh
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I love pesto!

I like to make a dish with pesto, angel hair pasta, white beans, halved baby tomatoes, and fresh greens all mixed together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Love it!

Spinach Basil Pesto

1 cup packed basil

8 oz spinach leaves

3 cloves of garlic (or to taste)

1/2 cup pinenuts Ii toast mine);

olive oil until creamy texture- 1/2 cup or more

1/2 tsp salt

black pepper to taste

1/2 cup grated parmesan (or to taste) NOTE: you cannot use the powdered/canned stuff!

Combine basil and spinach in a large food processor and pulse a bit to make room! Add garlic, pinenuts and pulse more. Turn it on and stream olive oil in until it reaches desired consistency. Stir in salt, pepper and parmesan and store in a jar in the fridge.

My favorite way to use it: Zucchini and Pesto Lasagna 

1/2 lb. lasagna noodles
1 cup Pesto
16 oz. fresh ricotta cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. plain non-fat yogurt
6 medium or 8 small zucchini
28-oz. can imported Italian crushed tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
8-10 fresh basil leaves, julienned

Saute garlic in olive oil in lidded saucepan until garlic is pale gold. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and simmer partially covered for 25 minutes. Cook lasagna according to package directions. Rinse in cold water. Drain on towels. Blanch zucchini in a lot of salted boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes (according to size of zucchini). Rinse under cold water. Slice lengthwise in 1/4 in. strips. Combine pesto, ricotta and yogurt and blend until smooth.

In a 13 x 9" glass-baking dish, spread a small amount of tomato sauce over the bottom. Place a layer of lasagna noodles next, then half of the pesto-ricotta mixture over the noodles. Next, make a layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, and then add another layer of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining pesto-ricotta mixture over the noodles, and then make another layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, and then add another layer of lasagna noodles. Top with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove foil and return to oven until golden brown on top (about 5-10 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining tomato sauce. Garnish with additional grated cheese and julienned basil leaves. Serves 8 to 10.

goddess99
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Never had it.

Kimberly954
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Love it. I make pesto pasta. Cook 1 box small shell pasta. Drain. Stir in 1 small jar pesto and small container ricotta. Place in baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and mozzerella. Bake until cheese is melted.

KamsOne
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I love pesto but have never made my own.  I always buy it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)