Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

I made this recipe twice yesterday.  The 1st. time I used SR flour in place of the AP flour, salt, etc. and the 2nd. time used AP flour.  Everyone liked it better with the SR flour but both pans were gone in about 10 minutes.  I used a 13 x 9 pan.

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-for-Giant-Cookie-Pans

Cookie serves 8- 10.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread dough into prepared pan with spatula. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool before cutting. Decorate.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (11-13):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

For accurate baking, when measuring-always spoon the flour into a measuring cup, then use the back of a knife to level it off, never shake it down-you'll end up with a heavy product.

Quoting delanna6two:

I'm going to try it again with the AP flour soon...I may have added a little too much flour by shaking the measure down...so I'm going to try again....I made them yesterday with SR Flour again and the children ate them all...I think I got 2 from the pan...lol...I'm going to have to get another 13x9 pan and make two batches:)

Quoting KamsOne:

MMm, sounds yummy.  Funny how different types of flour make them better or worse tasting.  I only ever buy AP flour.  Wondering if I should try something different.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:33 AM

you're welcome....thank you for the info...didn't know that....

Quoting SweetLuci:

Selfrising flour uses summer wheat, which is lighter than what is used in all purpose flour, so I can understand how they would like them better. Thanks for posting the recipe.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Thank you for this help tip....I think that's what happened with the AP ones because the taste was different.

Quoting SweetLuci:

For accurate baking, when measuring-always spoon the flour into a measuring cup, then use the back of a knife to level it off, never shake it down-you'll end up with a heavy product.

Quoting delanna6two:

I'm going to try it again with the AP flour soon...I may have added a little too much flour by shaking the measure down...so I'm going to try again....I made them yesterday with SR Flour again and the children ate them all...I think I got 2 from the pan...lol...I'm going to have to get another 13x9 pan and make two batches:)

Quoting KamsOne:

MMm, sounds yummy.  Funny how different types of flour make them better or worse tasting.  I only ever buy AP flour.  Wondering if I should try something different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)