Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

So do you think more people will be eating Vegetarian meals?

Posted by   + Show Post

I caught bits and pieces of a story on the radio yesterday about the cost of meat rising. I'm not sure of how they explained it exactly, but it was something like the amount of cows is at its lowest since 1952. Some cuts of meat are going for $1 more a pound than just recently.

Anyway, does this affect you meat eaters? Are you thinking about trying to do more meat-free meals during the week? Would you replace it with pasta and sauce or something else?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (41-48):
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
The only meat we buy is chicken all the rest we butcher ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Nope. Meat is a necessity in my house. We will always eat meat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Nope.  We are big meat eaters so our eating habits won't change.  DH will just have to work harder to make more money.  ;)

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
We eat lots of chicken. What other meat I buy is far & few inbetween.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
We try to do some meals with no meat but my DH is a meat an potatoes kind of guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I think as long as you know your stuff about protein and certain things that might be missing from a vegetarian diet (I was one for a year, and probably should be again....felt as good as I ever had in my adult life), we should at least abstain from meat-based meals a few times a week.

crazymomof4787
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

We buy our beef and pork from friends.  So I don't have to worry about the cost of meat at the stores. 

rkoloms
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting AmosFarkle:

I think as long as you know your stuff about protein and certain things that might be missing from a vegetarian diet (I was one for a year, and probably should be again....felt as good as I ever had in my adult life), we should at least abstain from meat-based meals a few times a week.

The Standard American Diet has WAY too much protein (which can strain the kidneys, and other organs), and not nearly enough vegetables and whole grains. Frankly, the average meat eater knows next to nothing about nutrition

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN