Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

At a restaurant

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you ever send your plate back? Have you ever been a waitress and had people send stuff back that there was nothing wrong with their food??

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I only send food back if it is something I can't pick off, lol. I worked at a restaurant for years and yes I have seen lots of people send food back for no real reason. I had one woman order one thing and eat 3/4 of it and then say that yes she did order it but she really wanted something else and then expect me to make her the new item for no cost, she left a little disappointed to say the least, lol.

Working in a restaurant is extremely hard, people think they can do and say what ever they want and you are just supposed to take it. I am so glad restaurant days are behind me now.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not been a waitress but have returned fast food and one plate at a restaurant long ago...meat was not done.

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I almost NEVER send food back.  The only time I ever have is when they put mayonnaise on my sandwich instead of mustard.  BLECH.  Usually if it's not what I ordered or not done the way I want I'll just eat it anyway....as long as it's something I can stomach.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll send food back but only I'd it's something I can't pick off. Like I'd my steak is way undercooked.

I was a waitress and we had people send food back all the time when nothing was wrong with it. A lot of it was they were trying to get things for free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

apronI have worked in restaurants and I have seen both sides because I have also dined out, alot, as well. I would not send anything back to the kitchen if the food is good.

Once, I got a cold plate of food and it was supposed to be hot and I questioned this with the server and then I noticed later on when I went back that, they had taken that particular food item off the menu; I guess, alot of people complained about the presentation and the temperature of that food item being off.

The truth is that sometimes guests at restaurants, get too picky or just get petty about food that is right and try to take advantage of people and the restaurant business to get somethig for free.

And then, on the other side of the coin, restaurants sometimes do not actually give their very best at times, and expect people to pay for their mistakes or for mediocre service or bad food and that is unfair also.eating

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I have only had to send back a few times....once for a big nasty hair in my food, once because mushrooms werent mentioned in the menu description(I am allergic)

Kimberly954
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I rarely send food back but have on more than one occassion sent stuff back to one particular applebees. And that manager always takes it back but makes a snide comment as he does it. We dont go to that location anymore. Last time was my dd's food comes with a dessert. I opened it up (its an individual sherbert) and the top was icy looking. I dumped it out of the cup and it was completely nasty. Nothing you would EVER give a child. The manager replaced it with ice cream but made sure to tell me several times that they do not give kids ice cream with their meal. Ugh, we dont go to that one anymore.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I can't recall ever sending anything back.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I have never sent anything back, DH either, but DH had to send a drink back once, because there was glass in it.
eviesmom453
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I sent raw chicken back. They comped my entire bill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)