Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Tipping

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 24 Replies

Do you have a standard amount (percentage) you typically tip? Does service have to be REALLY bad to lose that or do you feel that you should start the tip low and then they have to work hard to earn more?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We almost always tip 20%, unless service was really bad, then we will decrease it but we almost always tip at least 15%.

gemini53176
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM

i always do 20 percent unless they are horrible then i tip less. if they are bad though it is usually because they are new and i feel bad for them so i still end up tipping. These people are making like 3.25 or less an hour, the tips are their income.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I generally tip 15-20%. If the service is poor, I speak to the manager
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I tip at least 20%, if service is really bad, which I don't think has happened, I wouldn't tip.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
We usually tip atleast 20%, since we know most servers rely on their tips. If service is exceptional, we will tip more. But, it has to be really lousy for us to tip less.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We always tip pretty good unless the servie was terrible! We actually had a dinning experience so bad before that we didnt leave anything. As a former server, if i served the way she did i would expect a tip....it was TERRIBLE! 

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

We usually tip 20% and round up to the nearest dollar. Unless service was really bad. The worse the service the lower the tip. I can count on one hand how many times we have had truly bad service though.

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I normally tip about 25%.  More if it is really good service.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I always have a set limit sometimes or goes up or down depending on the service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Normally 20%, more if service is really good, less for indifferent service. If I have poor service, I ask to see a manager. Because the economy has been so bad, and servers are suffering, DH & I decided at the beginning of the year that we would tip extra, especially in small restaurants and diner type places. Just a small way to help those who work hard for little pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)