Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Omelets!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

Wooot! I just made my first ever successful omelet that didn't turn into a pile of crap. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but I have been trying for YEARS without success to make one. Just thought I would share my accomplishment and a dinner idea :)

Tiffany

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I haven't had an omlet in forever! Sounds good though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a really hard time with them too. I usually end up just scrambling all the ingredients up together instead.

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

That's an accomplishment to be proud of. It's not easy to do, but now that you have, I'll be anxious to hear some different ones you're making. We like Spanish omelets, cheddar, onions and mushroom, and this morning we had Havarti cheese with turkey and tomato.  

epoh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Awesomr! I've recently learned to do it also but then I learned I've been doing it wrong. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I see you're a new member, welcome to the group.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

clapping

Kimberly954
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

When we go to restaurants with breakfast buffets where they make omelets, I always watch them to see how they do it but can never recreate it.

Quoting epoh:

Awesomr! I've recently learned to do it also but then I learned I've been doing it wrong. :/

epoh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I need to attempt it again soon!

Quoting Kimberly954:

When we go to restaurants with breakfast buffets where they make omelets, I always watch them to see how they do it but can never recreate it.

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Mmm I love omelets. Today I just made tomato and cheddar. My fav ever is tomato, mushroom and cheddar, a little crumbled bacon doesn't hurt either :D

Quoting SweetLuci:

That's an accomplishment to be proud of. It's not easy to do, but now that you have, I'll be anxious to hear some different ones you're making. We like Spanish omelets, cheddar, onions and mushroom, and this morning we had Havarti cheese with turkey and tomato.  

Tiffany

tifbrown
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

The good thing is, they are pretty tough to totally screw up. Worse comes to worse, mix it all together and you have a scrambler!

Quoting epoh:

Tiffany

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN