Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Taco meat leftovers?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 26 Replies

Have any of you moms made another meal with leftover taco meat?!
I've got about a lb of taco meat left and no idea what to do with it, and I'd rather not waste it.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheen_21
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM
We make taco cupcakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBbean
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

?! Explain

Quoting sheen_21:

We make taco cupcakes

The_Doodle
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a can of Pillsbury pizza crust. Spread it in a pan and bake for a few minutes...until crust gets not doughy but not long enough to brown it. Spread refried beans over it (as the 'sauce'), top beans with meat, top meat with cheese. Bake until crust is done and cheese is bubbly. Mix a few spoonfuls of sour cream with a little hot sauce and drizzle over the top. Serve with chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce as toppings.

Thelmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Take canned biscuits.  Press them into a muffin tin, put in the taco meat, some cheese and maybe some black beans and corn in each cup. Bake until biscuits are brown. wahlah taco cups. Now you might want to google the actual recipe because I can't remember if you have to bake the biscuits first or not. Or you could even use crescent rolls and make them I think.  

Taco salad

Thelmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

the recipe above my 1st reply, how they did the dough migh work vest for the cups.

sheen_21
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 lb. ground beef taco seasoning packet 1-2 cups shredded cheese 1 package flaky biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands flaky layers, 8 count)

*Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning as directed on the seasoning packet. *Separate the flaky layers biscuits into eight biscuits, then peel the biscuits in half, making 16 thin biscuits. *Roll the biscuits out some (use a rolling pin, or pat them thin with your fingers) till they are approx. 8" across *Put biscuits into cupcake/muffin tin, creating a biscuit shell. *Fill biscuit shell with spoonful of seasoned taco meat, and top with shredded cheese. *Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.

Quoting JBbean:

?! Explain

Quoting sheen_21:

We make taco cupcakes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I would probably just eat leftovers or make a taco salad or enchillatas or something.

ballerina.2006
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM
enchiladas, chili, spagetti... basically anything you would add hamburger too as long as you think the extra taco spice kick will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBbean
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Thank you ladies for the wonderful suggestions so far :)

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I do...kids love them, and love helping make them. Last time I didn't have biscuits, so I used crescent rolls. Just close the perforations, then cut in squares and fit into muffin pans. They were delicious.

Quoting sheen_21:

1 lb. ground beef taco seasoning packet 1-2 cups shredded cheese 1 package flaky biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands flaky layers, 8 count)

*Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning as directed on the seasoning packet. *Separate the flaky layers biscuits into eight biscuits, then peel the biscuits in half, making 16 thin biscuits. *Roll the biscuits out some (use a rolling pin, or pat them thin with your fingers) till they are approx. 8" across *Put biscuits into cupcake/muffin tin, creating a biscuit shell. *Fill biscuit shell with spoonful of seasoned taco meat, and top with shredded cheese. *Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.

Quoting JBbean:

?! Explain

Quoting sheen_21:

We make taco cupcakes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN