Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Today is:

National Roast Leg of Lamb Day

Do you eat lamb??  If so, what is your favorite way to prepare it?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Quoting SweetLuci:

I like rack of lamb and lamb shanks.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about osso bucco with lamb shanks! Sooooo good!
libby261
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I L-O-V-E roasted lamb and lamb chops either with rosemary or mint!!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Happy Roast Leg of Lamb Day!  I have not tried lamb before.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Eat it??? Oh heck yeah-I'd live off it!!!

Prepare it? Nope-too pricey for me-so I never make it at home.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

i dont eat it. 

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KamsOne:

I'm not a fan of lamb.  Although DH likes it.  I've never cooked it before but he is Greek so they used to do the lamb over the spit for Greek Easter every year.

Jealous!!!! LOL!!!!

Seriously-I come from German/Austrian/PA Dutch family...hubby-Welsh...We joke that I really should be Greek-love all things/food,etc "Greek"-heck-even our daughters first name is Greek origin (Zoë)-but thats cuz in Greek "Zoë" means "life" and she's named for my dad who passed when I was 5 mos pregnant.

OMGosh-you're so lucky to have someone who cooks Greek food-lol!!!!

KamsOne
by Jen on May. 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM

My MIL (not Greek...her hubby was Greek) used to cook tons of Greek food....stuffed grape leaves, Greek stuffing, pastitsio, etc.  I never cared much for Greek food.  Although I do love Greek olives!  :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting KamsOne:

I'm not a fan of lamb.  Although DH likes it.  I've never cooked it before but he is Greek so they used to do the lamb over the spit for Greek Easter every year.

Jealous!!!! LOL!!!!

Seriously-I come from German/Austrian/PA Dutch family...hubby-Welsh...We joke that I really should be Greek-love all things/food,etc "Greek"-heck-even our daughters first name is Greek origin (Zoë)-but thats cuz in Greek "Zoë" means "life" and she's named for my dad who passed when I was 5 mos pregnant.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM

LOL-I eat dolmas for breakfast-We found them at BJ's...I used to thnk I coud only get them from the Greek diners back in PA-but BJ's has them canned-come straight from Greece-and yes-seriously-I eat them in the morning-lol!!!!

Quoting KamsOne:

My MIL (not Greek...her hubby was Greek) used to cook tons of Greek food....stuffed grape leaves, Greek stuffing, pastitsio, etc.  I never cared much for Greek food.  Although I do love Greek olives!  :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting KamsOne:

Jealous!!!! LOL!!!!

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had osso buco made with lamb, but I have with pork shanks and it's incredible.  I make braised lamb shanks. Yummy.

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting SweetLuci:

I like rack of lamb and lamb shanks.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about osso bucco with lamb shanks! Sooooo good!

jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Quoting SweetLuci:

I do veal shanks or lamb shanks interchangeably, whatever they have that looks best that day! I've never made pork shanks, but have made braised beef short ribs, which are awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)