Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Affordable and DELICOUS restaurant style seafood dinner!

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

As busy moms, we always find ways to make delicious meals for the right price. This is a DELICIOUS seafood dinner that costs about 25$ to make, and serves your entire family.

Cheese Raviolli w/shrimp & garlic butter sauce And mussels.

Now if you are a lover of mussels like I am, sometimes they can be pretty expensive, and a pain to clean etc.

Most people don't check out the frozen seafood section! for about 10 bucks you can buy ENORMOUS New Zealand Greenshell mussels, pre-cooked on the half shelll. GENIOUS.

Also in frozen foods, Cheese Raviolli about 3 bucks. The entire bag is huge enough to feed a family of 5.

Now, for fresh seafood, I LOVE shrimp. Get it in bulk when it goes on sale, seperate it and freeze it. It'll keep for about two months.

To start. Boil your water for your raviolli. Add olive oil and salt

for your mussels, take a medium saucepan and layer your mussels, add a layer of sea salt ontop of each layer of frozen mussels. Add water once pan is full turn the pan to medium and cover. Let them steam for a bout10-15 min. This you can set your timer and walk away from.

The shrimp: Marinade in olive oil, garlic and salt & pepper. In a large skillet pan cook the shrimp, take out and set aside. Add two sticks of pure sweet cream butter, and about 3 cloves of garlic. Let the butter simmer without burning for a few min. Once the butter is melted re-add the shrimp and toss, cook for about 2-3 min. Once your raviolli is fully cooked(8-10 min, the raviolli will float to the top) Add those in and toss until fully coated in the garlic sauce.

GARLIC BUTTER FOR MUSSELS. You can dress them anyway you want. You can even steam them in white wine if you want! coat them in a light marinara sauce. That is up to you. This can be a nice dinner for you and DH. Just be warned. GARLIC. It tastes sooo delicious. And you can cut back if you'd like.

ENJOY MOMMIES!

by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly954
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Thanks! I am not a huge mussel fan but the rest sounds good.

KatieKramer94
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

the mussels don't go with the pasta, they can be an appitizer :) or left on the table for people to graze on, great for parites too!
but the raviolli is delicious with the shrimp. It'd be nice with a salad and some garlic bread.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Thanks! I am not a huge mussel fan but the rest sounds good.

HopefulMommy89
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Yum!! TFS!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nina.h
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:19 AM
Sound delicious!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

tyfs

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for posting....I have not tried mussels.

periwinkle163
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

TFS!

KatieKramer94
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy them if they are prepared correctly. Kind of like clams. Chewy, but very good with some garlic butter or white wine. VERY good in pasta!!

I personally like The greenshell mussels, they are much larger and less... fishy tasting. They come in a big box frozen already cooked. DELICIOUS

Quoting delanna6two:

Thanks for posting....I have not tried mussels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN