Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Do you like Fresh Lettuce or Bagged Lettuce...other???
    ???

by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM

yes, it seems to be one at one time or another for something.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Fresh Romain...Im nt a fan of bagged after too many salmonella recalls

Sunshine2plus2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I use bagged or heads of lettuce

taKENheart
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I prefer bags of romaine...the fresh doesn't seem to be as crisp. 

KamsOne
by Jen on May. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I like the bagged stuff...it's so convenient!!  I always add to it but I like it as my base.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

It is convenient..yes..I use the bagged slaw mix too.

Quoting KamsOne:

I like the bagged stuff...it's so convenient!!  I always add to it but I like it as my base.

PuppetDani
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM

depends really i use both

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Dgd has a touch allergy to watermelon. She can eat it and it doesn't create and intestinal distress, but she gets a rash around her mouth unless she rinses off quickly.

Quoting Kimberly954:

This happens to my dd but I havent found the trigger yet....its usually with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but since thats all that happens, just turns red around her mouth, I wasnt too concerned. And its ONLY if some gets on her face...if she keeps herself clean, then no reaction.

Quoting SuperPickle:

It is the strangest thing! Around their mouths get hot and red and swollen. When it first started happening with my oldest I assumed it was the dressing so we changed that but it kept happening. One day I just took a plain piece of lettuce and wiped it on the side of his face and bam, almost immediate red spot! They dont react anywhere but their faces!  We have tried many different varieties of lettuce, plus organic and homegrown and it happens with all of them. Now that they are older and can actually get it in their mouths w/o slopping it all over it is not quite an issue but they have grown accustom to spinach so we keep it up LOL.

Quoting delanna6two:

I did not know there were allergies to lettuce...I am glad you found something that they can eat...I like the taste of raw spinach in a salad.

Quoting SuperPickle:

We use organic baby spinach. My kids have weird skin reaction to most lettuce. We have been able to use an organic spring mix with little issue but overall my kids actually prefer a spinach salad

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I get a produce delivery from local farms, so it's not bagged. When I bought it at the grocery, I preffered the taste of the organic, and it wasn't bagged. I stopped using bagged after so many recalls.

shivasgirl
by Angela on May. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

fresh...from my garden :)

jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
LOL, I usually get bagged, because I hate cleaning lettuce and I don't really care for iceberg lettuce (which is usually cleaner than the leafier varieties).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)