(Sub any white fish - original recipe calls for pineapple preserves, not apricot, but we found the apricot very good and its probably a lot easier to find.)
Snapper with Spicy Apricot Glaze Recipe
Photo by: Taste of HomeSnapper with Spicy
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne; set aside. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon oil over both sides of fillets; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with half of the glaze. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
15 15 30
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil