|Deviled Eggs Recipe|
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or to your preference)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper, optional
- optional green onions, red bell peppers, or any other pretty garnish
- Peel eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks to a bowl and break them apart with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise one spoonful at a time until you’ve reached your desired moisture level. Add mustard and salt to taste.
- Combine until smooth or the texture of your choice.
- Spoon or pipe into the egg white hollows.
- Sprinkle with paprika, or top with red peppers or green onions if desired.
Wipe the knife after cutting each egg to keep the whites clean.
Cool eggs are easier to slice cleanly than warm eggs.
If desired, spoon the filling into a plastic bag, seal, and snip the corner off. Squeeze the bag to pipe the filling into the eggs.
If you mess up some of the eggs while peeling, throw them in with the yolks to mash into filling.
To learn how to boil and peel perfect eggs, visit www.TheSimpleHomemaker.com