Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Is it possible to freeze zucchini?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Is it possible to freeze zucchini? Or will it turn into a brown gross mess?

I want to freeze it for zucchini bread in the future. Should I freeze it already shredded?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I'm not really sure. I would probably freeze it whole then thaw it and cut it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
bump

CherryBlossom4
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Yes, you can. My neighbor has frozen it and given me some to make zuchinni bread. He does shred it first though, I am not sure if that makes a difference. It tastes fabulous for baking even a year later.

Avarah
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Shred and freeze in the amount in your recipe, so that one baggie = one batch. :). It works beautifully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Yes, you can shred it and then freeze it for later use.

cootermatt
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh my yes. chunked, sliced for shredded it does not make a difference. I freeze it all the time and zucchini bread freezes very well too. I make what my family calls zucchini bake. Zucchini, onions, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and 1 cup of tomato sauce mix it all and bake for 1 hour top with shreaded cheese or bread crumbs and bake 10-15 minutes longer. yumm. and it freezes so well. Happy freezing.

babynurse244
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I did it once and it came out really watery. I'll try the link above and see if it works better.

epoh
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Yes. I have some in my freezer now for zucchini bread and it's still green. Make sure you shred it first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Go ahead and make the bread and freeze it!  It thaws very well, not dry and crumbly.  I bought the disposable mini-loaf pans, wrapped the loaves well, and pulled them out when I wanted to.  They're great to have around for hostess gifts, too.  (And teacher gifts.)  I took a basic zuch bread recipe, and made up all kinds of different variations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN