Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Is it possible to freeze zucchini?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Is it possible to freeze zucchini? Or will it turn into a brown gross mess?

I want to freeze it for zucchini bread in the future. Should I freeze it already shredded?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I'm not really sure. I would probably freeze it whole then thaw it and cut it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
bump

CherryBlossom4
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Yes, you can. My neighbor has frozen it and given me some to make zuchinni bread. He does shred it first though, I am not sure if that makes a difference. It tastes fabulous for baking even a year later.

Avarah
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Shred and freeze in the amount in your recipe, so that one baggie = one batch. :). It works beautifully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Yes, you can shred it and then freeze it for later use.

cootermatt
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh my yes. chunked, sliced for shredded it does not make a difference. I freeze it all the time and zucchini bread freezes very well too. I make what my family calls zucchini bake. Zucchini, onions, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and 1 cup of tomato sauce mix it all and bake for 1 hour top with shreaded cheese or bread crumbs and bake 10-15 minutes longer. yumm. and it freezes so well. Happy freezing.

babynurse244
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I did it once and it came out really watery. I'll try the link above and see if it works better.

epoh
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Yes. I have some in my freezer now for zucchini bread and it's still green. Make sure you shred it first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Go ahead and make the bread and freeze it!  It thaws very well, not dry and crumbly.  I bought the disposable mini-loaf pans, wrapped the loaves well, and pulled them out when I wanted to.  They're great to have around for hostess gifts, too.  (And teacher gifts.)  I took a basic zuch bread recipe, and made up all kinds of different variations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)