Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What's your favorite thing to put in food storage bags?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hefty(R) Slider Bags are easy to open/close with one sliding motion and have an extra strong seal. To see just how strong the seal is, we gave moms Hefty(R) Slider Bags and asked them to put them to the test. Check out these (2) two videos to see our moms in action. 

Then, read what some of our other influencer moms are saying about their experience and tell us your favorite thing to put in food storage bags.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (261-270):
jltplk25
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Sorry for my late posting! I had internet issues. :-( I looooved my bags! We buy hamburger meat in bulk and divide it up for meals. I loved being able to open the freezer and not see any freezer burn on the meat. I know what I will be buying in the future!
bellawomen
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Sorry for my late posting too, I had a late delivery and I got to nursing school full time.

Anyway, I admit I was skeptical about the bags and avoid the bags with the "zippers" because they just make me think there will be an small opening on the end where the ends up so there won't be a ful seal.  So I made the extra effort to put these to the test.  I put things in these bags I normally don't :)

Fruit salad...I always store it in a glass container to avoid leaks.  I put left over fruit salad in gallon zipper bag.  I was not looking forward to doing the flip test, so I did it over the sink.  Ok, it passed.  I was still not convinced.  So I put the bag in the fridge...in the glass container.  I had it in there over the course of 2 days (until it was all eaten).  I admit, I still wasn't convinced about the no dripping.

I did marinade from Hawaiian chicken in the bags and they did not leak either.  I was becoming convinced.

Then, I lost the lid for a big container of yogurt and decided I would put the yogurt in the storage bag (quart size?).  I had to squeeze the air out otherwise it would get a film on the yougurt.  Well...that didn't go so well.  :)  So I guess they zipper does seal...maybe TOO well for squeezing out air purposes   haha

I didn't get to check out the stacking abilities of the bags or pack them full of anything really, really heavy.  But for our family, they did really well.  They proved this skeptic wrong :)  I will still stick to my glassware as I am not a fan of plastic-use daily.  But I am glad they will be in our kitchen for use when we go out places, crafts, etc.

Kbrebs
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I've been using my bags for the past week and they have been awesome! I used them at the beach with snacks for the kiddos, left overs, and fruit salad. All proved great and made for more room in my beach bags, and cooler, as well as my fridge!! I love the bags. I'll keep using them for sure! Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZanesMommy2008
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I'm really sorry for my late posting. It's been a busy week! I don't use bags much but when I do I usually buy generic. I was happy to be picked for the influencer program but I love trying different products. Since I use bags so rarely I like to know what is worth spending my money on. I decided to try these bags to what I'd consider a great test. I filled one with water to see if it would leak. I shook it pretty hard. Then I throw it on the floor over and over (even tossing it in the air a few times and letting it fall). The slider didn't bust at all and the water stayed in the bag. I'm pretty impressed! I know that I can trust these bags to keep liquids in them :) Thank you for letting me try them! I know what bags I will be using the next time I need one :) These bags can take a beating which is important with small children :) 

darcyxdaun
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I used my Hefty bags to put leftovers in. I put spaghetti in one of the gallon bags and it worked great. No leaks! 

NikkiDoll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Since receiving my Hefty storage bags, I've found them to be very helpful. I usually just buy the store brand bags, and immediately noticed a difference upon opening my Hefty bags. They are thicker, stronger, high quality and mean business. My favorite feature about them is the seal. Once closed, the contents inside aren't going anywhere. I got two different sizes; quart and gallon sized. I buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, and I'm always freezing foods. For my gallon sized bags, I stored my avocados, and I put grapes and onions in the quart sized bags. I felt great storing my produce inside these bags, and I will definitely recommend them to friends and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN