Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What's your favorite thing to put in food storage bags?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hefty(R) Slider Bags are easy to open/close with one sliding motion and have an extra strong seal. To see just how strong the seal is, we gave moms Hefty(R) Slider Bags and asked them to put them to the test. Check out these (2) two videos to see our moms in action. 

Then, read what some of our other influencer moms are saying about their experience and tell us your favorite thing to put in food storage bags.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
deadlights86
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Got my slider bags today. I put chili in this one turned it over squeezed it tossed it and it held up just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

When I heard I was chosen for the Hefty Slider Bag Influencer I was super excited! I have used this product before and they are for so much more than leftovers! I use these bags for all kinds of craft projects, and storage for small things, I like to use it to marinade meat and keep cut up veggies fresh. Since it has a slider seal it is super easy to use and super easy to know for sure that it is sealed. You don't have to worry about if the seal is tight or if it's going to leak, they are sturdy and thick enough for freezer use.

For this influencer I focused on cooking dinner and storing the leftovers in the Hefty Slider Bags. I marinaded some chicken with a little olive oil, lemon juice, Italian dressing mix and my favorite secret weapon pre-minced garlic, I popped it all in the bag with the chicken and left it to soak up the flavor while I went to work for the day. My daughter and I had already got all the ingredients ready for a salad, she tore up some lettuce and I sliced up some bell peppers. The part that is great about using the bags is that when dinner time came around I only needed to pull out what I needed for dinner and the rest stayed fresh for later use.

Dinner turned out well it, it's one of the kids favorite dinners so of course they enjoyed it. I baked the chicken in the oven and cleaning up the marinade mess was a breeze! I simply tossed the mess in the trash, there was no bowl to clean up or any spilling in the fridge, which can sometimes happen if you aren't 100% sure the bag is closed.

Putting away leftovers was also a breeze, the salad ingredients were already bagged up and in the fridge so all that left was the chicken. What was left was put in a bag, zipped up and stored in the fridge to be used for lunch the next day. It's nice to be able to use the leftovers for lunch while the kiddos are out for summer break. I plan on chopping up the leftover chicken and putting it on top of the salad for a healthy, quick lunch.

Overall I would definitely recommend Hefty Slider Bags, they are easy to use and so versatile. I will be buying more next month to send to school with my kiddos, both of their lists include sandwich bags and they will work perfect!

tandie1977
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Just got them today I am so excited to be apart of this program thank you... can't wait to try them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
So far I love the Hefty Slider Bags. We used one of the storage bags to make trail mix to take to the park with us. My 2 and 4 year old are both able to close the bags so I don't have to worry about it spilling when they set it down.

I'm making chili tomorrow and plan to freeze some, so I will be be sure to update with the results. I'm also planning to marinate some chicken.

I used one to store some left over veggies. It was a bit large for what I had left, so I do hope they come in smaller sizes. I wanted to see how it would hold up though so I shook it and held it upside down. I'm pleased to say there was no leaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Got mine yesterday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I got my bags yesterday. Today I made macaroni with onions, red bell peppers, sausage, and sauce. We had about 4 cups of leftovers, so I used the quart sized bag.

I flipped the zipper part inside out so it would stay clean. The bag stayed upright as I filled the bag. The bags are made of heavy plastic, and you can tell that they are heavy duty. I burped the air from the bag and zipped it closed. I tossed it about, shook it upside down, tossed it from one hand to another. It held together really well.

I really like the Hefty storage bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Look what ups brought for me today!!! 😃 I am posting from my iPhone so I'll have to make 1 per photo! Sorry!! Thanks Cafemom and Hefty for making me a part of this influencer program!!! 💓
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

First I packed SO's sandwiches for lunch. It was a little snug going in but fits fine while inside. 👍
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Then my oldest DD had to put the bags to the test with her apples!! She was very excited that she could fit 4 of them in there and hold it upside down without worrying if they would bust out!! We decided they were pretty 💪! I will update with more pics after tomorrows endeavors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilygracesmoma
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I got these in the mail weds! I'm excited to try these out, will update soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)