Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What's your favorite thing to put in food storage bags?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hefty(R) Slider Bags are easy to open/close with one sliding motion and have an extra strong seal. To see just how strong the seal is, we gave moms Hefty(R) Slider Bags and asked them to put them to the test. Check out these (2) two videos to see our moms in action. 

Then, read what some of our other influencer moms are saying about their experience and tell us your favorite thing to put in food storage bags.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (51-60):
xElizabethx
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hi all,

I got my bags a couple days ago and started using them right away. I have not had a chance to upload any pictures just yet but I wanted to say that I love the bags! I put 6 huge steaks in one bag with a marinade. I left in the fridge for a full day and there was no leaking at all. I also slipped a couple chicken breasts in one of the bags and pounded them to thin them out. I loved the zipper aspect because I could slide it most of the way closed but leave just a tiny space for air to get out. This kept chicken juice from getting all over my kitchen (and me!). Thanks Hefty!

sarahbell811
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Just received my bags yesterday. I will be using them this weekend, we just went to the store today and got some ground beef so I will be storing it in them. Will update after I do!

Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I got them yesterday... So far I've used a few of them... Here's how:

1 grapes... My kids love them, I'm allergic. I didn't have to take meds this morning when I upended my fridge..

2 shoes... I work in a dementia unit, my nursing aren't sanitary enough to wear home... Put them in one of the larger ones..

3 lunch... I take my lunch to work... The smaller ones are great! Then label with my name so no one else eats my lunch, lol

4 scrubs... I folded up my scrub bottoms when they got wet and didn't soak anything else in my bag... Even after I dropped my bag, kids jumped on it and hours of sitting in there...

None leak or have come open..

ill try to upload photos later... But cm doesn't like to load the pics I send from my phone for some strange reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hi everybody!  My name is Kathleen and I am a 30 year old SAHM to three boys ages 6, 5 and 1 and wife to a wonderful and hard working DH. 

I was one of the lucky ones choosen for this influencer and let me tell you, it couldn't have come at a better time.  We live way in the country and I had run out of storage bags right before receiving these so I was so happy to see them arrive because we don't get to the store often.  Let me be honest and say I always buy the cheapest storage bags unless I have a coupon for others that would make them cheaper.  I honestly didn't feel like there was a difference in bags so when I got picked for this it got me curious as to whether there was a difference. 

I received my bags in the mail yesterday so I spent all day yesterday and today testing them out.  One box was quart sized and one box was gallon sized. 

For the quart sized I needed them in a few unconventional ways.  My 5 year old had a friend over and he brought with him a bunch of tiny legos.  As we all know tiny objects and babies don't mix so I had to find a place to keep them all until he went home.  I grabbed one of the bags and it was great because they were out of the baby's reach and we didn't loose them.  This gave me the idea to give a bag to my 5 year old.  We had a work picnic for DH and the boys wanted to bring some cars to play with.  I gave them a bag and they filled it up.  They were able to open and close it by themselves really easily and even when they turned it upside down and were rough with it and all that boys will be it still held and was perfect for the job. I have given my boys bags before to hold toys but it has always been kind of a pain because they couldn't seal them back up and so I was having to do it and if they were turned upside down usualy the seal wasn't strong enough and they all feel out.  He is a picture of one of my boys with a bag full of cars.  He put them in, sealed it and is holding it upside down.

I also had an incident at DH's picnic that led me to use another one of the quart sized bags.  My 5 year old has bad asthma and my 1 year old has terrible food allergies.  I carry both an inhaler and an epi pen in my purse at all times for emergencies.  My 5 year old was having some asthma issues at the picnic due to the cut grass and it took me a minute or two to search through my purse and find the inhaler on the bottom. When I got home I grabbed one of the bags and put the inhaler, air chamber and an epi pen in it and put it back in my purse.  This way I can find the things easily and with the slider closing it I don't have to worry about them falling out.

The last test I have done was with the gallon bags.  I defrosted chicken this morning in order to make fajitas tonight.  DH went with a friend to pick up a horse and called to say he won't be home until late because things are taking longer.  We decided to wait on the fajitas until tomorrow night.  I needed to put the chicken in the fridge to keep it cold so I grabbed a gallon bag and put the chicken in it, juice and all.  Many times with the other bags I have used when I do that the juice leaks out the bottom corners.  I tested it and no leaking.  Just out of curiosity I turned it upside down and a few drips did get out in the top corner near the slider.  It didn't bust open like non-slider bags would though and I figure as long as I put it in the fridge slider side up we should be good to go.  I will update tomorrow if I find that it has leaked in the fridge but I am hoping all is good!

The last use I am excited about for the bags is that we are going on vacation next week and I plan on giving each family member a bag to put their toothbrush and personal items in and then writing names on the label part of the bag.  It will be nice because the kids will be able to get their stuff out on their own and seal it back up on their own.  I am excited!

Overall I was very impressed with the durability and ease of these bags.  It honestly has made me think that there is a difference in bags and maybe I should consider spending a little more for quality.  Thank you Hefty and CafeMom for giving me a chance to learn more about these bags and make better decisions for my family!

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM

As soon as I get back from vacation these bags will be getting our ultimate test. My husband fishes and is currently on a fishing trip....and we store fish in freezer bags filled to the very top with water and then we freeze them. If they can handle that, they can handle anything else we put in them.

danijean
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Received mine a couple of days ago and have already used them quite a bit. Last night we had spaghetti for dinner and I put the left over sauce in the gallon size bag and into the freezer it went. The write in tab was awesome because I wrote the date I made it on. Tonight I pulled about 2 pounds of grapes off the vine and put them into the quart size bags also to be frozen for my daughters field hockey game on Tuesday. I normally use regular ziploc bags and hate with having to fuss and make sure they are closed so the slider is awesome. Thanks so much Cafemom and Hefty I love these bags. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemom5906
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Got mine in Friday. I love them already. Here is the pizza left over from dinner. These bags hold a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDJennyJen
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Oh I'm so excited!! This is my very first time participating in the influencer program. I received my hefty bags yesterday but I haven't had a chance to use them yet so I will write a real review once I do use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemom5906
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Not sure why it's upside town but heres a pic of the kids snacks I put up. Every year this time of year we get sugar ants so I bag everything. I am in love with these bags cause the oldest can open and close them herself and I dot have to worry they are not closed right. I really think I will be going back to buying these. I use to buy the cheap bags but my 6 year old has such a hard time closing them. Tomorrow when I am on my computer I will be writing a longer review.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I have been asked to be part of the Hefty Slider Food Storage Bags influencer and it couldn't have come at a better time. I raise chickens and this weekend was time here for the extra roosters to head to "freezer camp" . For this influencer I received a box of 1 gallon freezer bags and a box of 1 quart storage bags.

I will spare you with the pics of how I used the bags ( I know how some people can be sensitive) but I will say I was able to fit one entire chicken in a 1 gallon bag. I was surprised at the thickness of the bag, and I really liked the heavy duty zipper on the freezer bags. I am very pleased with this product and will definitely be buying them in the future. I also put these bags thru a test of sorts, after originally putting the chicken in the bag I did shake it bag upside down and it stayed shut. I also checked the bags after the chickens were completely frozen and the bag is still zipped shut and the plastic of the bag didnt turn hard and brittle. I am very impressed with the quality of these bags.

I have not used the quart size bags yet, I haven't had a need yet. I did however take a bag out and it also has nice thick plastic and a heavy duty zipper. I probably wouldn't waste these heavy duty bags on sandwiches for the kids lunches but I'm sure they would be great to store left overs in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)