Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What's your favorite thing to put in food storage bags?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hefty(R) Slider Bags are easy to open/close with one sliding motion and have an extra strong seal. To see just how strong the seal is, we gave moms Hefty(R) Slider Bags and asked them to put them to the test. Check out these (2) two videos to see our moms in action. 

Then, read what some of our other influencer moms are saying about their experience and tell us your favorite thing to put in food storage bags.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (61-70):
sunnyflower417
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I love my bags! They work perfectly for on the go wet bags!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tandie1977
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I used them to put left over meat I had cooked,and tomatoes I had cut and didn't use it all.. also I save snacks I love them.... the bags work great... thank you for choosing me to test out the bags.. I hope I can do some more soon...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dubes
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Cheerios

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Got our Hefty bags in the mail last week! Man those things ROCK! They are so much thicker than other brands we have used.. We used one for baby wipes yesterday on our fathers day trip and they did not leak on anything and kept the wipes moist all day.. We have also used them for leftover food and let me tell you it is SOOOOO much easier to just grab a bag and use it for leftovers than it is to search the kitchen for plastic bowls and lids which my kids LOVE to use for everything..lol.. I guess you can say I already recommended them to someone, since my mother in law asked if we had a freezer bag she could use ( she lives next door, didn't feel like driving to the store since she just got home from work)  so I gave her one of our Hefty bags and she said she wants more since it was better than the brand she buys! The slider is my favorite part, since I am a mom of 4 anything that makes life easier and faster is great for me.. My 5 year old also loves them because she can help out.. In fact we were chosen to be part of the Hefty Video Influencer and she wanted to do the whole thing herself!  so here she is in her first "commercial" lol, she said people like kids more than they like mommy's so she should do it not me.. meany.. lol

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

kfroz0415
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I used my bags Saturday for our trip to the amusement/water park. I loaded the bags with HUGE sub sandwiches that were cut into individual sandwiches. They kept the sandwiches dry even with being in the back of our car in a cooler on a 90ยบ day. We went out to the car about 6 hours after I had packed the cooler so the ice had settled and melted just a bit, but our sandwiches were perfectly dry and ready to go. I love the extra "grippy" zipper seal on these since I know for certain that they aren't going to leak!

Bluetick
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I got mine... really put them to the test!! I put dog food in 1 it was really really full! I wanted to see if the slider would rip out like other brands... It didn't! I filled 1 up w water and put the kids in bathing suits n let them throw it to each other to catch in the yardd...the kids asked for a cheap 1 because the hefty wouldn't bust open! Lol I put 1 in the freezer which did a awesome job.

Ill never waste my money on any other brand again!!! Thank you cafemom for letting me do this and thank you hefty for showing all us moms a easier way of storage! That's ACTUALLY WORKS!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I have used almost a whole box. We went away for the weekend. I put snacks in some of the regular bags. Dog food & treats.I even filled some with water & froze them for ice packs. I wasn't sure how that would turn out... but it worked wonderfully.

I used some freezer bags to marinate & store chicken, ground beef & veggies. These bags stored great in the cooler. NOTHING got in or out!!! Everything went from the bag to the grill & it worked perfectly. I even brought extra to store the left overs. We had marinated grilled veggies in one, salad in one (with dressing) and the left over meats. They traveled really well.

I was worried about the slider because the brands I have used previously wouldnt hold up so well. But these opened & closed well. Plus they stayed sealed tightly.

I was also chosen for the video part of this influencer. We took our video of us prepping the meal, transporting in the cooler & cooking... For some reason it will not upload to my computer. (since I am not good with electronics... DH will try to fix it when he comes home. )

I'm now throughly impressed. I will no longer by the generic brand...just to save a little money. With the Hefty bags.. I'm saving more in the long run. Left overs keep well, meats do great in the freezer... & I save time.

shortyalicia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I love the Hefty Slider Bags!! I really put mine to the test!! I put chicken breasts in a bag to marinate for a few hours, shook the bag and held it upside down and absolutely no leaks!!  I made sandwiches for work and they stayed dry in the cooler with icepacks, no soggy sandwiches! 

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM

aerhaehyr5

celestegood
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I loved this inflencer!

I made mexican tacos, or at least my version of them.  I make mexican rice, fried tortilla shells, hamburger and turkey seperate with taco seasoning, and of course cheese and tomatoes cut up and lettuce shredded.

I absolutely love these bags!  THey work so well.  When I went to put up the food, they work really well.  I usually get an off brand of bag, and those don't normally close as easily as these do.  Or stay shut a well!

I really think that this brand of bags will be the ones I use from now on, regardless of the cost.

Thanks, cafemom and hefty bags!  I really enjoyed this influencer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)