Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Help! Cooking for a dad with 4 kids.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 28 Replies

Our church is helping out a man while his wife is in the hospital. He has 4 kids at home ages 8,3,2,1. What about be something good to cook for them that even the younger kids would like? Any ideas? 

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Baked spaghetti might be good, he could just pop it in the oven.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, chicken fettuccini alfredo. These all store and reheat well too.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do a lasagna and a plate of brownies.

pootersmomi
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Can't go wrong with some type of pasta. Either red sauce or white sauce.

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

lasagna and mac and cheese and maybe a nice desert, a cake or cookies or something

michelles
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

A gift card to your local pizza place! Kids of all ages love pizza and it is great for a night when dad doesn't want to cook/reheat anything!

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Did you look at my Chicken Noodle Cassarole recipe. Just make sure to double it and put it in the 13x9 pan. Do everything except the final bake and put directions on top to bake. I would put a tub of cut up fruit with it (or grapes or strawberrys) and maybe a package of hawaiian rolls. I think the whole family would like it.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

And yes, even my 2 year old like it! :)

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Another idea would be to take breakfast.....egg sausage burritos freeze and reheat well (one mom did this for our meal swap group), thats something dad and the older kids can grab and eat quick, a basket of muffins which little ones like, and maybe a tub of OJ. I would love it if someone brought me over ready made breakfast! :)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

All great ideas here, but I would add some fruit or veggies like carrot sticks and grape tomatoes, and most kids like garlic toast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)