Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Help! Cooking for a dad with 4 kids.

Posted by   + Show Post

Our church is helping out a man while his wife is in the hospital. He has 4 kids at home ages 8,3,2,1. What about be something good to cook for them that even the younger kids would like? Any ideas? 

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Kimberly954
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

And no matter what you make.......they have the disposible pans at the Dollar Tree. I didnt think to look there last time and got them at our grocery store for almost $4 for a 2 pack.

brittanyjenean
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Baked cheeseburger macaroni with mashed up yellow squash mixed in.

monkeyfrogmouse
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

home made chicken stripes, mac n cheese, sloopy joes,tattor tots,  there are tons of things you can cook

mommyjenn84
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM
My kids LOVE this taco bake I make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmomma707
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM

i would do like most said do some pasta dishes, in the those tin foil pans do everything but bake, and then right on the dish what settings for him to heat it at that way he just has to reach and grab out of the freezor and heat!

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

taco salad that you can always keep things separate so that the kids can decorate their salad plate how they like with the chips to dip in.  Cold cut platter with different sides and breads, and then the usual that was said.  Pasta is usually a big hit.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I was going to head up there sometime today! I make sure I always bring food In throw away containers. He has enough on his plate already. I wouldn't want him to worry about getting a dish back

Quoting Kimberly954:

And no matter what you make.......they have the disposible pans at the Dollar Tree. I didnt think to look there last time and got them at our grocery store for almost $4 for a 2 pack.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife7885
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Spaghetti, pancakes/French toast, muffins, kielbasa with potatoes, roasted chicken with potatoes, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, grapes, apples, those little oranges, BBQ chicken, mac and cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM
DH suggested that I make a homemade general chicken with fried rice. Do you think the kids would eat that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anniea90
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I dont think the youngest ones would, but they might. I would make something else, but thats just me. 

Quoting KaylaMillar:

DH suggested that I make a homemade general chicken with fried rice. Do you think the kids would eat that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN