rownie Cookie (adapted from Donna Hay)
- 12 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- â…” cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Â¼ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Â¼ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
Salted Caramel Creme Filling
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salted
- 1/4 cup caramel (Make sure caramel is cooled if making homemade. Clickhere for homemade caramel sauce recipe)
To make brownie cookies:
- Place 7oz. of the chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat and gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture, remaining 5 oz. of chocolate and mix to combine. Set aside to to stand for 10 minutes. Spoon 2 tablespoonful of the mixture, onto parchment lined bake sheet. Bake for about 8â€“10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
To make caramel creme filling:
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until creamed. Add in confectioner sugar and salt and beat until light combined. Add in caramel and beat until combined.
- Spread a teaspoon and a half of caramel creme on underside of one brownie cookie and place a second brownie cookie bottom side down on top frosting.