Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Weekly dinner date

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im friends with a fellow CM. we met on here two years ago and met IRL about a year later. Now we get together for a weekly dinner date and let our kids play.

I eat fairly healthy and she's trying to learn how to cook. It's so much fun to get together for drinks and dinner and play!

This week we're making

BLT pasta salad with chicken added
Steamed summer squash

And a peach cobbler. Thanks for the recipes, ladies! ^_^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Sounds fun. I'm in a small CM group of close friends and we are hoping to rent a cabin in TN next year and all get together.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM
That sounds like so much fun!
Kimberly954
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Fun! i havent really found anyone too close to me.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

How cool is that! I found a friend in one of my other groups that is a couple of hours away, and we've been able to meet for coffee and talk when I travel by her town. At first I think we were both hesitant because talking online can be different from meeting in person, but it was great. There's a local group that meets for playdates, but they all have toddlers and that doesn't work with my 12 year old. lol.

Anyone vacationing near or driving through Daytona Beach, Fl, send me a message. I'd love to meet with other CafeMom members.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sounds like so much fun!!  I've tried doing the local groups here on CM but there aren't any active members near me.  :(
I've met a great group of ladies on here who I feel very close to but they all live too far away to meet in real life. 

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I'm in Naples every year.  But I think that's quite a drive from Daytona.....5 or 6 hours???  Not sure.  If it were closer I would love to come by and have you cook for me.  Your recipes always sound so yummy.  ;)

Quoting SweetLuci:

How cool is that! I found a friend in one of my other groups that is a couple of hours away, and we've been able to meet for coffee and talk when I travel by her town. At first I think we were both hesitant because talking online can be different from meeting in person, but it was great. There's a local group that meets for playdates, but they all have toddlers and that doesn't work with my 12 year old. lol.

Anyone vacationing near or driving through Daytona Beach, Fl, send me a message. I'd love to meet with other CafeMom members.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM

That would be fun. Naples is very nice, but on the other coast from me, You're probably right about the time distance, about 5-6 hours. We've been there several times, usually in the winter, because it's much warmer there than here. Oh well..

Quoting KamsOne:

I'm in Naples every year.  But I think that's quite a drive from Daytona.....5 or 6 hours???  Not sure.  If it were closer I would love to come by and have you cook for me.  Your recipes always sound so yummy.  ;)

Quoting SweetLuci:

delanna6two
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
36 minutes ago
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM

How nice!  and the menu sounds delicious.....Have fun!

Quoting epoh:

Im friends with a fellow CM. we met on here two years ago and met IRL about a year later. Now we get together for a weekly dinner date and let our kids play.

I eat fairly healthy and she's trying to learn how to cook. It's so much fun to get together for drinks and dinner and play!

This week we're making

BLT pasta salad with chicken added
Steamed summer squash

And a peach cobbler. Thanks for the recipes, ladies! ^_^

floating in pool

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

makes me miss my CM friends.  I was close friends with 2 military wives that I met on CM (our DH's were stationed in the same location).  But now they moved far away :(.  But it just shows that CM is a great resource for so many different things.  Good luck with the cooking and enjoy!!!

Ashley0523
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

that sounds like fun! they dont have a local group on here for me :( it really sucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)