Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you transform a hot dog?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have a package of those little cocktail weenies (little hot dogs).  I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to transform them?  anything creative?  I always just eat my hotdogs either on a bun, or in beans.  Was hoping for something different.

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Our fav is to cut them in half put in a little cheese then wrap them in cresent rolls and bake in the oven. Serve with some fruit then a kid favorite dinner is done!!

lfrrll5
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I also make little octopuses out of them. You just cut up the hot dog till an inch from the other end in cross sections and boil them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I was also going to suggest wrapping them in crescent roll dough. My kids love them like that. I have also seen recipes for making them in a BBQ sauce in the slow cooker, but have never made it myself. I think the recipe may actually be similar to the grape jelly meatballs recipe, if you know that one: grape jelly and chilli sauce, I think?
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

This in red

Quoting jjamom:

I was also going to suggest wrapping them in crescent roll dough. My kids love them like that. I have also seen recipes for making them in a BBQ sauce in the slow cooker, but have never made it myself. I think the recipe may actually be similar to the grape jelly meatballs recipe, if you know that one: grape jelly and chilli sauce, I think?

Also-you can do the crockpot jar of grape jelly,can of chili (no beans) sauce and cook them (weenies) in the mix-strange combo but really yummy.

Kimberly954
by Kim on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the little ones in bbq! Are they the little smokies?? If so, we eat them with eggs for breakfast.

Aphrodisiac
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I slice them down the middle and put cheese inside them, wrap them with a piece of bacon and fry them up. Yummy.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

These are great!

This photo is without corn.

Corn Dog Muffins 

2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
5 hot dogs, chopped
In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn (batter will be thin).
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about half full-3/4th full. Place piece of hot dog in batter, either crosswise or straight up and down. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I like the little ones in bbq! Are they the little smokies?? If so, we eat them with eggs for breakfast.

yeah I have the package of the little smokies.  I hadn't even thought about having them for breakfast.  It's funny  because I told my DH that we were going to have breakfast one day for dinner this week.  so I may have to save some of the package to use them with breakfast.  Thanks.

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

As always ladies, thank you so much for the interesting ideas.  I love this group, it really helps me to expand my food horizon :)

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I throw cocktail weenies into the crock pot with some cocktail sauce and brown sugar.  Yummy.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)