Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

how do you transform a hot dog?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a package of those little cocktail weenies (little hot dogs).  I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to transform them?  anything creative?  I always just eat my hotdogs either on a bun, or in beans.  Was hoping for something different.

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
Amanda471
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I like all the above ideas and also hot dogs in kid friendly casseroles-the kids like hot dog and mac and cheese casserole.  I used to eat "pennies from heaven" when I was little and that was a mixture of hot dogs and baked beans...

epoh
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
We always served those as a side for breakfast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to cook them in bbq sauce and jelly in the crockpot. You could also make tiny pigs in a blanket.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

These are great!

This photo is without corn.

Corn Dog Muffins 

2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
5 hot dogs, chopped
In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn (batter will be thin).
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about half full-3/4th full. Place piece of hot dog in batter, either crosswise or straight up and down. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.

We make these every summer! They are so tasty.

"It is my observations, though, that happiness limits the amount of suffering one is willing to inflict upon others"
— Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Dart)
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

For the crockpot, make cheesy Sauerkraut and scatter little smokies on top. Heat on warm (will get watery if you get it too hot!) Yummy stuff ... add a layer of sauteed onions on the bottom if you like. 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I forgot about the hot dogs and beans. We called them beanie wienies.

Quoting Amanda471:

I like all the above ideas and also hot dogs in kid friendly casseroles-the kids like hot dog and mac and cheese casserole.  I used to eat "pennies from heaven" when I was little and that was a mixture of hot dogs and baked beans...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)