Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

I have alot of hambuger in our freezer.  Just wanted some new ideas on what to make with it.  I love my crockpot so would love new ideas for that. 

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Replies (21-24):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

You're welcome:)

Quoting ripemango:

thank you for replying delanna. my mom always gives me these tiny little baby cans. I've got tons a cans tomatoes in the cupboard so this recipe is just a match made in heaven!

Quoting delanna6two:

I used the regular size can (14-15 oz.)

Quoting ripemango:

i'm gonna *have* to try this. My Mom always gives me cans of cranberry sauce around Thanksgiving and I never know what to do with them, That is, until now :) What size can of cranberry sauce are you using?

Quoting delanna6two:

I've tried this about twice....kind of tangy.

Sweet and Sour Hamburger/justslowcooking.com

1 lbs. browned ground beef -- up to 2 lbs
1 can cranberry sauce -- whole berry or jellied
1 can some sort of tomatoes -- whole, diced, sauce, etc

Cook in slow cooker on low for six hours or so. Serve with rice or noodles and enjoy.

brvdsmom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

not such a healthy choice but good for occasionally: crisp up some bacon, brown the ground beef with onions and garlic, and whatever spices you prefer. roll out a pilsbury pizza dough on to a foil lined sheet pan (spray first) add the bacon, cooked ground beef mixture and cheese down the center of the dough. wrap each side of the dough up to meet on top at the middle and bake. cheeseburger roll up

susie3g
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM

My dh sometimes makes these awesome bacon burgers with chopped up bacon cooked mixed with the burger, yum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)