Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brunch ideas

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
Im planning a classy brunch next Saturday and I need ideas for what to serve!! Help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mna_823
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I have no clue, but here's a BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marnick41
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
a few ideas:

Quiche or frittata, small scones or biscuits & jam, crispy smashed potatoes for the more breakfasty side of brunch.

A poached salmon with sour cream and dill, a nice ham, or corned beef hash for the hearty side. A nice cheese plate too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

BUMP!

rmp
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I went to a Pampered chef party and it was a sunday brunch. They made a braid out of pillsbury croissants and filled it with scrambled eggs and veggies and cut up ham cubes. then put it in the oven. It looked real fancy. You might want to try something like that or an apple danish in a similiar croissant braid. My neighbor and I have been making quiches with frozen pie crust --they are super cheap at the grocery store you just  whip up eggs , spinach , cheese, turkey bacon, mushrooms anything you like you can get real creative.  We also make orange cranberry scones, mini chocolate chip scones, or blueberry white chocolate scones.

Good Luck. and dont forget to put use a colorful summerish tablecloth and bright napkins!!!!!

Tam_and_Fam
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM

i was going to say quiche.  The other ideas sound great too.  I'm gonna look on the internet quick to see what else is out there.

armywife7885
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Mixed fruit in a watermelon basket

German pancakes

Muffin assortment.

Ham/chicken/tuna salad in mini puff pastry cups (should be able to buy them)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I have a few recipes I have made several times from Food Network. I'll put the links below, but I can't make them clicky. They are both very good and easy or make ahead. I usually also have fresh fruit, bagels with a few different spreads, cheesy hashbrown casserole, breakfast meats (sausage, bacon, and/or ham), juice or mimosas and coffee. I love brunch!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/granite-steps-country-blueberry-coffee-cake-recipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/creme-brulee-french-toast-recipe2/index.html

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I love the ideas, I have nothing to add. Other than I hope you have a great brunch!! =)

Kimedbs
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

procuitto wrapped melon slices

spinach and egg breakfast casserole

Cinnamon raisen bread or banana bread

cucumber sandwhiches

Cold veggie pizza (crescent roll crust, sauce of greek yogurt and hidden valley ranch dry mix, chopped/shredded raw veggies, cheese)

cream cheese/salsa pinwheels

bagels w/ cream cheese and fruit spreads

pastries

Don't know what to call it, but I can describe it....... Lay a thinly sliced piece of ham in a muffin tin, fill with beaten eggs and veggies (spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, etc) and top with a little cheese, bake until the eggs are firm and the edges of the ham are crispy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)