Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were to give another mom ONE tip about cooking or baking...

Posted by   + Show Post

What would that tip be?

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-19):
Tam_and_Fam
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I usually just coat the pot with a thin layer of oil.  I actually found that when I want to fry something, I like to use my griddle, I use a lot less oil, and it heats evenly (unlike many pans that have hot spots).  I just put a small amount of oil and spread it around, just enough that it gets onto whatever I want to fry, that way it gets crispie without all that extra grease.

Quoting itsblissmas:

What do you use? The only other thing I know is Crisco or butter. =)

Quoting Tam_and_Fam:

do not use cooking spray in your pots and pans.  It heats up quicker than oil, and will burn to everything, including your your pots and pans.  I had ruined a few in my day until I was taught that.

epoh
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Don't be scared to experiment!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KerryK
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Get someone else to clean up! Makes cooking much more fun, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Don't add too much water to sweet potatoes when cooking.

mjimaging
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Pizza isn't that hard and so worth it to make it from scratch! I always thought it was way more work to make it then just pop in a frozen but really, the little extra work over frozen is paid back in taste and it's better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Just do it.  Don't sit and watch other people make food, just get a recipe and give it a shot :).

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mjimaging:

Pizza isn't that hard and so worth it to make it from scratch! I always thought it was way more work to make it then just pop in a frozen but really, the little extra work over frozen is paid back in taste and it's better for you.

Love this tip!

"It is my observations, though, that happiness limits the amount of suffering one is willing to inflict upon others"
— Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Dart)
mjimaging
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
That's what I do. I see something that looks good and just make it. Even if I see it at a resteraunt, I try to remake it if I really liked it.

Quoting corrinacs:

Just do it.  Don't sit and watch other people make food, just get a recipe and give it a shot :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gnance
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
You can "hide" spinach in anything, meat, potatoes, pizza, brownies. Tastes great and good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)